From: Michael Meyers-Jouan on
Recently I have encountered a problem with Outlook 2002 that I have been
unable to resolve.

Outlook 2002 (10.6856.6858) SP3 is installed on Windows XP (5.1.2600 Service
Pack 3 Build 2600)

Whenever I copy text to the clipboard from a contact, appointment, or other
form in Outlook, pasting that text into any OTHER application is extremely
slow.

Task Manager shows that Outlook takes most of the processor cycles for
several seconds beginning when I execute the Paste command, and ending when
the text appears in the receiving application.

I have not observed any comparable slowdown affecting the clipboard when the
contents have been copied from any other application, whether part of
Microsoft Office or not.

I have disabled ALL Outlook Add-Ins (both COM and classical), and I have
attempted to remove all Windows Live components from my PC. However, nothing
I have done has changed this behavior.

Can anybody shed any light on this? Any suggestions of what might be causing
this behavior? Any suggestions of other modifications I can make to Outlook's
configuration? Anything at all?