From: PIERCARLO on
Hi,

I need to know how much bandwith need to stream a film in HD 1080p. with a
good quality using Smooth Streaming of Windows Media Servicies in IIS like
server and Silverlight like client.

Somebody can help ?
I cannot found information about it.

Thanking in advance
--
piercarlo
From: Brian Cryer on
"PIERCARLO" <PIERCARLO(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I need to know how much bandwith need to stream a film in HD 1080p. with a
> good quality using Smooth Streaming of Windows Media Servicies in IIS like
> server and Silverlight like client.
>
> Somebody can help ?
> I cannot found information about it.

http://www.google.com/search?btnG=1&pws=0&q=bandwidth+for+1080p

According to the the discussion at
http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/283894-1080p-over-LAN-bandwidth,
uncompressed 1080p would require about 2.5Gb/sec, but if its compressed then
that can drop to about 30Mb/sec. So, assuming those figures are correct then
on a local network you might get away with a standard 100mbps network (but I
think you'd be pushing it), but streaming it across the internet is unlikley
to be realistic.

> Thanking in advance

Hope this helps.
--