From: Maciej Franciszkowski on
Does anyone know how to code smtp authentication?
below the code:

Imports System
Imports System.Net.Mail

Sub MailToAdmin()
Dim smtp As New SmtpClient("127.000.000.001")
Dim mail As New MailMessage()
Dim MessageSM As String
'create the mail message

Try
'set the addresses
mail.From = New
MailAddress("technologia.auto...(a)wella.pl")
mail.To.Add("ad...(a)wella.pl")

'set the content
mail.Subject = "text nag³ówka"
mail.Body = "Body messed¿a"

'send the message

smtp.Send(mail)

Catch myExceptionSM As Exception
MessageSM = "There is error: " +
myExceptionSM.ToString()
Finally
End Try

End Sub

/
Maciej
From: Mike Williams on
On 16 Feb, 17:07, Maciej Franciszkowski <macie...(a)poczta.onet.pl>
wrote:

> Does anyone know how to code smtp authentication?
> below the code:
> Imports System
> Imports System.Net.Mail

You're in the wrong newsgroup. This group is for Visual Basic. The
product you are using is not what its deliberately misleading
marketing name would lead you to believe. VB.Net is not actually
Visual Basic at all. It is an imposter. You should post your question
to the imposter's own
newsgroup at:

microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb

Mike

From: Auric__ on
On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 17:07:51 GMT, Maciej Franciszkowski wrote:

> Does anyone know how to code smtp authentication?
> below the code:

I would look up the RFCs. Google "smtp rfc" without the quotes.

--
One day you can give it to your grandchildren, just to confuse them.

Pages: 1
Prev: Reading a directory with DIR()
Next: AR88