From: dushkin on
Hi All.
I guess this a configuration issue, but maybe not...

I wrote a simple sockets client and server apps.

The server gets a request from the client, fulfills it and sends an
ack back to the client.

The problem is that this works only when the client and server are on
the same machine. When they are on seperate machines, the connect
function in the sever gets the 10061 error.

What can be the reason?

Both machines are without firewall.

Thanks!
From: Joseph M. Newcomer on
Did you look up what error 10061 actually is?

Some basic reasearch on your part is exepected.

If you bring up the Error Lookup tool, and type in 10061, it tells you that this error
means that the connection was actively refused by the receiving side. You might check
firewqall settings as a start.

The error is valid, it means that you have to fix the reason the connection is refused.
joe

On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 08:11:48 -0800 (PST), dushkin <taltene(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi All.
> I guess this a configuration issue, but maybe not...
>
> I wrote a simple sockets client and server apps.
>
> The server gets a request from the client, fulfills it and sends an
>ack back to the client.
>
> The problem is that this works only when the client and server are on
>the same machine. When they are on seperate machines, the connect
>function in the sever gets the 10061 error.
>
> What can be the reason?
>
> Both machines are without firewall.
>
>Thanks!
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]