From: Robert A Duff on
"Hibou57 (Yannick Duch�ne)" <yannick_duchene(a)yahoo.fr> writes:

> But Ada provides a nice way to avoid it : systematically make use of
> "overriding" / "not overriding". The dark side is that this is
> optional and not required by the language rules.

There's an option in GNAT to warn about this.
I don't remember if it's turned on by default.
(I think not.)

- Bob
From: Hibou57 (Yannick Duchêne) on
On 12 fév, 01:06, Robert A Duff <bobd...(a)shell01.TheWorld.com> wrote:
> There's an option in GNAT to warn about this.
> I don't remember if it's turned on by default.
> (I think not.)
>
> - Bob

It's not turned by default with GNAT GPL, but do not know about GNAT
Pro.

As I've later commented in the previous post, AdaControl may also help
here (make this be along with the GNAT compiler dedicated option).
From: Pascal Obry on
Le 12/02/2010 00:21, Hibou57 (Yannick Duch�ne) a �crit :
> But Ada provides a nice way to avoid it : systematically make use of
> "overriding" / "not overriding". The dark side is that this is
> optional and not required by the language rules.

Optional, yes. But GNAT has options to enforce use of the overriding
keywords. I'm using it is AWS for example.

Pascal.

--| Pascal Obry Team-Ada Member
--| http://www.obry.net - http://v2p.fr.eu.org
--|

From: Pascal Obry on
Le 12/02/2010 01:06, Robert A Duff a �crit :
> There's an option in GNAT to warn about this.
> I don't remember if it's turned on by default.
> (I think not.)

For sure it's not.

From: Stephen Leake on
Robert A Duff <bobduff(a)shell01.TheWorld.com> writes:

> "Hibou57 (Yannick Duchêne)" <yannick_duchene(a)yahoo.fr> writes:
>
>> But Ada provides a nice way to avoid it : systematically make use of
>> "overriding" / "not overriding". The dark side is that this is
>> optional and not required by the language rules.
>
> There's an option in GNAT to warn about this.
> I don't remember if it's turned on by default.
> (I think not.)

It's -gnatyO, and it's off by default. And turning it on exposes
missing 'overriding' keywords in the standard library. So it's not
quite ready for real time yet. (yes, I've filed bug reports)

--
-- Stephe