From: Colin Paul Gloster on
On Mon, 15 Feb 2010, Hibou57 (Yannick DuchĂȘne) wrote:

|"Le Mon, 15 Feb 2010 12:08:11 +0100, Colin Paul Gloster |
|<Colin_Paul_Gloster(a)acm.org> a Ă©crit: |
|> I am a nuclear scientist, and I confirm that software used for |
|> supposedly simulating nuclear reactions is dangerous. For example, |
|> HTTP://HyperNews.SLAC.Stanford.edu/HyperNews/geant4/get/phys-list/545.html|
|Strange, he looks hesitating" |

It is true that that person was unsure. I correctly asserted that that
code was buggy (as I found many bugs in that code myself) in
HTTP://HyperNews.SLAC.Stanford.edu/HyperNews/geant4/get/phys-list/545/1.html
and it was not contradicted, unless off the forum.

A developer of that code sent to me by email: "I'm thankful for you
criticism and your opinion, but before we can communicate you should
introduce yourself and explain, why you are looking inside the Geant4
implementation of the CHIPS physics package.

The present status is: according to the contract with CERN
I've implemented in Geant4 a significant part of the CHIPS physics
package, which is enough for the independent CHIPS physics list in
Geant4. The only implementation, which I did not finish is the
implementation of the CHIPS elastic cross-sections. Now I've done it
only for nucleons and pions, but during the last three days of my
contract I can not manage the implementation of the elastic scattering
for kaons, hyperons, and anti-baryons. As I've already demonstrated it
even forpions and nucleons, the existing Geant4 cross-sections are
about 30% wrong. Everything (including the inelastic cross-sections,
which you mentioned) was made in a harry, as I had only one year for
the enormously big implementation. That is why you have so many
questions.

[..]"