From: mockturtle on
Dear.all,
I have the following problem: I have a (quite large) hierarchy of
packages (with package root, say, FOO) that I modified to suit my
needs. Since now the two hierarchies are quite different, I would
like to rename the root of the modified version, both to avoid clashes
and to give a more meaningful name (say, BOO. More meaningful, isn't
it?:-) to the new one. This means that I have to change every
FOO.<something> into BOO.<something>. I could do this by hand, but it
is boring and error-prone, I could do this with sed, but I could mess
everything up. Are you aware of some tool (maybe ASIS based?) that
could help me in this?

Thank you in advance for your help.
From: Ludovic Brenta on

Adasubst by Jean-Pierre Rosen: http://www.adalog.fr/compo2.htm#adasubst

--
Ludovic Brenta.
From: Jean-Pierre Rosen on
mockturtle a �crit :
> Dear.all,
> I have the following problem: I have a (quite large) hierarchy of
> packages (with package root, say, FOO) that I modified to suit my
> needs. Since now the two hierarchies are quite different, I would
> like to rename the root of the modified version, both to avoid clashes
> and to give a more meaningful name (say, BOO. More meaningful, isn't
> it?:-) to the new one. This means that I have to change every
> FOO.<something> into BOO.<something>. I could do this by hand, but it
> is boring and error-prone, I could do this with sed, but I could mess
> everything up. Are you aware of some tool (maybe ASIS based?) that
> could help me in this?

Sure ! :-)

Just download AdaSubst from http://www.adalog.fr/compo2.htm#adasubst

It does exactly this, and much more (if you move components inside your
hierarchy, for example).

J-P. Rosen (rosen(a)adalog.fr)
From: Anh Vo on
On Dec 18, 7:15 am, Jean-Pierre Rosen <ro...(a)adalog.fr> wrote:
> mockturtle a écrit :
>
> > Dear.all,
> > I have the following problem:  I have a (quite large) hierarchy of
> > packages (with package root, say, FOO) that I modified to suit my
> > needs.  Since now the two hierarchies are quite different, I would
> > like to rename the root of the modified version, both to avoid clashes
> > and to give a more meaningful name (say, BOO.  More meaningful, isn't
> > it?:-) to the new one.  This means that I have to change every
> > FOO.<something> into BOO.<something>.  I could do this by hand, but it
> > is boring and error-prone, I could do this with sed, but I could mess
> > everything up.  Are you aware of some tool (maybe ASIS based?) that
> > could help me in this?
>
> Sure ! :-)
>
> Just download AdaSubst fromhttp://www.adalog.fr/compo2.htm#adasubst
>
> It does exactly this, and much more (if you move components inside your
> hierarchy, for example).

There is another option to be considered. GPS (GNAT Programming
Studio) has Refactoring features.

Anh Vo
From: mockturtle on
Ludovic, Jean-Pierre, Anh,