From: milos_cohagen on
Hello,

Brand new Solaris 10 install, follwoing Fibre and Multipathing guide.

http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/819-0139

Enable multipathing with command: stmsboot -e

Reboot the system. All is well, luxadm shows now only one device
instead of a device per fibre path. However, I attempt to run some of
the 'mpathadm' commands and it simply does not exist on this system.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Cohagen

From: 0xDEADABE on
milos_cohagen(a)hotmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Brand new Solaris 10 install, follwoing Fibre and Multipathing guide.
>
> http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/819-0139
>
> Enable multipathing with command: stmsboot -e
>
> Reboot the system. All is well, luxadm shows now only one device
> instead of a device per fibre path. However, I attempt to run some of
> the 'mpathadm' commands and it simply does not exist on this system.
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Thanks
>
> Cohagen

Verify that you have the SUNWmpathadm package installed (pkginfo
SUNWmpathadm). Mine shows the "mpathadm" command installed at
/usr/sbin/mpathadm, and the entry in the /var/sadm/install/contents file
shows:
/usr/sbin/mpathadm f none 0555 root bin 69536 12341 1154367156 SUNWmpathadm
From: Dale Ghent on
milos_cohagen(a)hotmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Brand new Solaris 10 install, follwoing Fibre and Multipathing guide.
>
> http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/819-0139
>
> Enable multipathing with command: stmsboot -e
>
> Reboot the system. All is well, luxadm shows now only one device
> instead of a device per fibre path. However, I attempt to run some of
> the 'mpathadm' commands and it simply does not exist on this system.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

Those docs are in error/released too soon. mpathadm won't be in Solaris
10 until update 3, which will supposedly be out in late November.

/dale
From: milos_cohagen on
Thanks for your reply Dale.

If the document is released too soon, is it safe to follow it's
instructions for enabling multi-pathing? We've done some tests and it
seems to work well. But it is a bit concerning.

Is there some other command to be used to check the status of the
multi-pathing? I'd just like to see the state of the system and see
something like: yes path is active, is in active-active configuration.
Anything out there to do this besides mpathadm?

Also, am I correct in thinking that Traffic Manager is obsolete with
Solaris 10 and all it's features are built in? This is the assumption
I'm working on right now.

Pages: 1
Prev: fsck -n
Next: Getting constant SCSI resets