From: Sun on
Hi,
I often see this message while booting Solaris2.6 running on a ultra
440 Mhz CPU.

Run fsck manually (fsck filesystem......).
Exit the shell when done to continue the boot process.

Type Ctrl-d to proceed with normal startup,
(or give root password for system maintenance):

The system was shutdown properly using init 5.

My question is under what circumstances Solaris displays "Type Ctrl-d
to proceed with normal startup" message?
From: Ian Collins on
Sun wrote:
> Hi,
> I often see this message while booting Solaris2.6 running on a ultra
> 440 Mhz CPU.
>
> Run fsck manually (fsck filesystem......).
> Exit the shell when done to continue the boot process.
>
> Type Ctrl-d to proceed with normal startup,
> (or give root password for system maintenance):
>
> The system was shutdown properly using init 5.
>
> My question is under what circumstances Solaris displays "Type Ctrl-d
> to proceed with normal startup" message?

Try asking on comp.unix.solaris.

--
Ian Collins