From: Evan on
Firstly, why did the wankers at Wikipedia delete the Soltek page?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soltek

Secondly, what happened to Soltek? Who bought it out? All the web sites
have been removed and domain wankers have taken up camp:
soltek usa, soltek de, soltek taiwan

I was just wondering because I upgraded my Soltek SL-85MIV3 motherboard with
a P4 2.8Ghz to 3Gb RAM. Of course I instantly found out that Win xp 32bit
can only manage 2.5 Gb RAM - which is still fine with me. Does Win 7 have
any improvement over xp? Less overheads or more?

From: Mark Walford on
On 17/06/2010 8:43 AM, Evan wrote:
> Firstly, why did the wankers at Wikipedia delete the Soltek page?
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soltek
>
> Secondly, what happened to Soltek? Who bought it out? All the web sites
> have been removed and domain wankers have taken up camp:
> soltek usa, soltek de, soltek taiwan
>
> I was just wondering because I upgraded my Soltek SL-85MIV3 motherboard with
> a P4 2.8Ghz to 3Gb RAM. Of course I instantly found out that Win xp 32bit
> can only manage 2.5 Gb RAM - which is still fine with me. Does Win 7 have
> any improvement over xp? Less overheads or more?

With the right settings (visual effects disabled) Windows 7 will perform
as well as Windows XP in my experience.

Windows 7 will use slightly more RAM than XP for its basic funtionality
however.

Mark
From: Swampfox on
Evan wrote:
> Firstly, why did the wankers at Wikipedia delete the Soltek page?
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soltek
>
> Secondly, what happened to Soltek? Who bought it out? All the web
> sites have been removed and domain wankers have taken up camp:
> soltek usa, soltek de, soltek taiwan
>
> I was just wondering because I upgraded my Soltek SL-85MIV3
> motherboard with a P4 2.8Ghz to 3Gb RAM. Of course I instantly found
> out that Win xp 32bit can only manage 2.5 Gb RAM - which is still
> fine with me. Does Win 7 have any improvement over xp? Less
> overheads or more?

XP should be able to see your 3Gb of RAM, depending on your hardware, BIOS
etc.

From: Rod Speed on
Evan wrote:

> Firstly, why did the wankers at Wikipedia delete the Soltek page?
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soltek

Presumably because its vanished.

> Secondly, what happened to Soltek?

They just vanished.

> Who bought it out?

No one.

> All the web sites have been removed and domain wankers have taken up camp: soltek usa, soltek de, soltek taiwan

> I was just wondering because I upgraded my Soltek SL-85MIV3
> motherboard with a P4 2.8Ghz to 3Gb RAM. Of course I instantly found
> out that Win xp 32bit can only manage 2.5 Gb RAM - which is still fine with me.

> Does Win 7 have any improvement over xp?

Yes, quite a bit has been improved.

> Less overheads or more?

There isnt much in it.