From: McLovin on
Having found the solution after a long google-session.

problem:
outlook anyhwere and ts-gateway are running on the same machine.

background:
Both are using RPC over HTTP, thus authentication on the RPC-directory on the default web page. ts-gateway is using ntlm-auth and outlook anyhwere basis-auth per standard.
In the event-log you can find event-ids 3003 with a source called "MSExchange RPC Over HTTP Autoconfig". Every 30 minutes this triggers the NTLM-auth to be removed from the RPC IIS directory.

solution:
disable outlook anywhere and set NTLM-auth on this directory. or, if you can, set outlook anywhere from basic to NTLM in the EMC.

Determined on Win2008R2 with Exc2010.

Soo Kuan Teo [MSFT] wrote:

You mentioned "Restarting the TS GATAEWAY service solve the problem"Do you
30-Nov-09

You mentioned "Restarting the TS GATAEWAY service solve the problem"
Do you still have the problem?

On Friday, November 27, 2009 5:39 PM
RBI wrote:

TS GATEWAY work a minute then "login attempt failed"
On my Server 2008 Standard I am using one certificate with different domain
name (from my internal CA) : Exchange internal and external access + TS

I setup my first TS Gateway : tests done with an external Workstation -> all
working but my lab stop responding after one or two minutes : nothing in the
server logs :-/ RDP client said "login attempt failed".

Restarting the TS GATAEWAY service solve the problem.
Have you ever seen this before ? Any suggestions ?

Thanks

On Monday, November 30, 2009 2:05 PM
Soo Kuan Teo [MSFT] wrote:

You mentioned "Restarting the TS GATAEWAY service solve the problem"Do you
You mentioned "Restarting the TS GATAEWAY service solve the problem"
Do you still have the problem?

Secure Session State Transfer: ASP to ASP.NET
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/19f8d04a-6bce-4ee0-8d6e-1ef18cbb92e1/secure-session-state-tran.aspx