From: Dragan Cvetkovic on
Hi,

I have just upgraded my home PC (2x933MHz PIII CPUs, 1GB RAM, Matrox G450
graphics card) to Solaris 10 and now every time I boot the machine, I get
the following message:

WARNING: Loading Moab microcode length=135

What does it mean?

Also, there was a (once only) message

WARNING: elfcore: core dump failed for process 455; address space is changing

when I first rebooted into Solaris 10 and the sorry attempt of core file in
/ was only 52 bytes longs and, of course, without any useful
information. Is that one related to my Oracle installation?

TIA and bye, Dragan

--
Dragan Cvetkovic,

From: Casper H.S. Dik on
Dragan Cvetkovic <me(a)privacy.net> writes:

>I have just upgraded my home PC (2x933MHz PIII CPUs, 1GB RAM, Matrox G450
>graphics card) to Solaris 10 and now every time I boot the machine, I get
>the following message:

> WARNING: Loading Moab microcode length=135

>What does it mean?

You have an old broken iprb interface which hangs under heavy DMA load;
fortunately, we have a microcode patch compiled into Solaris and
this is enabled. The message should be removed from the driver.

>Also, there was a (once only) message

>WARNING: elfcore: core dump failed for process 455; address space is changing

This happens when you run a program and you copy another executable
on top of it.

>when I first rebooted into Solaris 10 and the sorry attempt of core file in
>/ was only 52 bytes longs and, of course, without any useful
>information. Is that one related to my Oracle installation?

Use coreadm, switch on logging, and the message should indicate what
program core dumped.

Casper
be fiction rather than truth.
From: Dragan Cvetkovic on
Casper H.S. Dik <Casper.Dik(a)Sun.COM> writes:

> Dragan Cvetkovic <me(a)privacy.net> writes:
>
>>I have just upgraded my home PC (2x933MHz PIII CPUs, 1GB RAM, Matrox G450
>>graphics card) to Solaris 10 and now every time I boot the machine, I get
>>the following message:
>
>> WARNING: Loading Moab microcode length=135
>
>>What does it mean?
>
> You have an old broken iprb interface which hangs under heavy DMA load;
> fortunately, we have a microcode patch compiled into Solaris and
> this is enabled. The message should be removed from the driver.

Thanks Casper. Good to know. Never had a problem with that iprb before (was
running Solaris on it since Solaris 8).

Bye, Dragan

--
Dragan Cvetkovic,