From: rr on
(re-post from level6productions)

Haven't used Sonar in well over a year. Been a user since cakewalk
days. Wifey needed me to cut a couple of piano tracks for her last
night, which they'd be using in the studio today. Should've been a
quickie. I installed Sonar 6 from CD (new machine), then set it up to
work with my Lexicon Lambda. Everything seemed to be working on audio
tracks but she wanted me to cut midi, then quantize (we won't go into
why). I spent about 4-5 of the most frustrating hours I've ever had,
trying to get that MF thing to work right. It'd work for a minute,
then fritz and I'd end up having to delete the synth plug, then re-
install (piano). Finally, after some very tense moments with wifey and
around 1am, I gave up, routed the midi back to the keyboard, and
recorded the external board back into an audio track.

I'm wondering if any of you regular sonar users know about any midi
bugs in S6? That sheeeet just ain't worth the trouble. Any other DAWs
you'd recommend?
From: rr on
On May 13, 9:24 am, Glennbo <vdrumsYourHeadFromYour...(a)cox.net> wrote:
> The killer robot rr <rick1r...(a)gmail.com> grabbed the controls of the
> spaceship  cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
> > Any other DAWs you'd recommend?
>
> Yep...  It starts with an "R" ends with an "R".   ;)
>
> --
> Remove YourHeadFromYourAss to Reply by email
>    ________                 __
>   / ____/ /__  ____  ____  / /_  ____
>  / / __/ / _ \/ __ \/ __ \/ __ \/ __ \
> / /_/ / /  __/ / / / / / / /_/ / /_/ /
> \____/_/\___/_/ /_/_/ /_/_.___/\____/
> Glennbo                      http://www.soundclick.com/glennbo
> Non-Linear Sound              http://www.soundclick.com/jambits
> Hear My Music                http://www.soundclick.com/ThePseudonyms

I've forgotten what it was I didn't like about Reaper, several years
back. Have they improved it much the past few years?
From: Steve L. on
rr <rick1ryan(a)gmail.com> wrote in news:7eff7880-5beb-4c9a-ba79-
d2ce2e592bdd(a)37g2000yqm.googlegroups.com:

> Have they improved it much the past few years?

It improves pretty much weekly..
From: Eddie on
On Thu, 13 May 2010 07:04:45 -0700 (PDT), rr wrote:

> (re-post from level6productions)
>
> Haven't used Sonar in well over a year. Been a user since cakewalk
> days. Wifey needed me to cut a couple of piano tracks for her last
> night, which they'd be using in the studio today. Should've been a
> quickie. I installed Sonar 6 from CD (new machine), then set it up to
> work with my Lexicon Lambda. Everything seemed to be working on audio
> tracks but she wanted me to cut midi, then quantize (we won't go into
> why). I spent about 4-5 of the most frustrating hours I've ever had,
> trying to get that MF thing to work right. It'd work for a minute,
> then fritz and I'd end up having to delete the synth plug, then re-
> install (piano). Finally, after some very tense moments with wifey and
> around 1am, I gave up, routed the midi back to the keyboard, and
> recorded the external board back into an audio track.
>
> I'm wondering if any of you regular sonar users know about any midi
> bugs in S6? That sheeeet just ain't worth the trouble. Any other DAWs
> you'd recommend?

I use Home Studio 6 all the time, and live midi tracks from an electronic
YAmaha drum brain, which i send to ToonTrack EZ drummer. Never had any kind
of problem with it, at all.

From: Martin Holmes on
Did you install the updates to Sonar 6? I seem to remember that one had
a few noticeable bugs when it came out, but they were fixed by later
patches. I never install a new Sonar until the first patch is out. :-)

Cheers,
Martin

On 10-05-13 07:04 AM, rr wrote:
> (re-post from level6productions)
>
> Haven't used Sonar in well over a year. Been a user since cakewalk
> days. Wifey needed me to cut a couple of piano tracks for her last
> night, which they'd be using in the studio today. Should've been a
> quickie. I installed Sonar 6 from CD (new machine), then set it up to
> work with my Lexicon Lambda. Everything seemed to be working on audio
> tracks but she wanted me to cut midi, then quantize (we won't go into
> why). I spent about 4-5 of the most frustrating hours I've ever had,
> trying to get that MF thing to work right. It'd work for a minute,
> then fritz and I'd end up having to delete the synth plug, then re-
> install (piano). Finally, after some very tense moments with wifey and
> around 1am, I gave up, routed the midi back to the keyboard, and
> recorded the external board back into an audio track.
>
> I'm wondering if any of you regular sonar users know about any midi
> bugs in S6? That sheeeet just ain't worth the trouble. Any other DAWs
> you'd recommend?

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Win 7 Drivers?