From: Serginho do Teclado on
Anybody knows if I can get Win 7 drivers anywhere for Roland SC
series.
SC-8850, SC-8820, SC-D70.
Thanks.
From: Nil on
On 12 May 2010, Serginho do Teclado <ssmusic214(a)gmail.com> wrote in
cakewalk.audio:

> Anybody knows if I can get Win 7 drivers anywhere for Roland SC
> series.
> SC-8850, SC-8820, SC-D70.

Those are external MIDI devices, aren't they? As such, I don't think
they would need Windows system drivers.
From: Nil on
On 12 May 2010, Glennbo <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote in
cakewalk.audio:

> I think those modules are USB.
>
> I also see they got USB drivers for Vista and Vista 64, whish
> should work in Windows 7. Here's some for the SC8850.
>
> http://www.synthman.com/roland/Roland_SC-8850.html

I see you're right. I had never heard of these before. Here are
(probably the same drivers) directly from the Roland site:

http://www.roland.com/products/en/_support/dld.cfm?PRODUCT=SC-8850

I would expect the Vista drivers would work for Windows 7, but ya never
know...

It looks like you may need their special "GS Advanced Editor" software
to easily get at the unit's deep parameters. It also looks like this
unit dates from the Win98/2000 days. I don't see that software on the
site, and even if I could find it I would be worried that it wouldn't
work on the latest couple of Windows versions.

Funny how something that seems so hi-tech at the time becomes obsolete
so quickly.
From: Serginho do Teclado on
On May 13, 4:19 am, "Ben Goldman" <BenGoldmanREM...(a)centurytel.net>
wrote:
> Nil let loose with the following tirade:
>
> > On 12 May 2010, Serginho do Teclado <ssmusic...(a)gmail.com> wrote in
> > cakewalk.audio:
>
> > > Anybody knows if I can get Win 7 drivers anywhere for Roland SC
> > > series.
> > > SC-8850, SC-8820, SC-D70.
>
> > Those are external MIDI devices, aren't they? As such, I don't think
> > they would need Windows system drivers.
>
> Nil, if he wants to use the *Host*  serial com port he'll need a driver..
>
> BTW - I use XP and don't know where to get that driver.  I have an SC-880 and just use the MIDI
> ports these days.
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Ben

I use USB, not serial. Used all 3 of them for years with XP and
Vista.
I do have GS Advanced Editor, but it has nothing to do with USB
drivers.
From: Serginho do Teclado on
On May 13, 11:25 am, Serginho do Teclado <ssmusic...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 13, 4:19 am, "Ben Goldman" <BenGoldmanREM...(a)centurytel.net>
> wrote:
>

> > Nil let loose with the following tirade:
>
> > > On 12 May 2010, Serginho do Teclado <ssmusic...(a)gmail.com> wrote in
> > > cakewalk.audio:

> > > Those are external MIDI devices, aren't they? As such, I don't think
> > > they would need Windows system drivers.
>
> > Nil, if he wants to use the *Host*  serial com port he'll need a driver.
>
> > BTW - I use XP and don't know where to get that driver.  I have an SC-880 and just use the MIDI
> > ports these days.
>
> > --
> > Cheers,
> > Ben
>
> I use USB, not serial. Used all 3 of them for years  with XP and
> Vista.
> I do have GS Advanced Editor, but it has nothing to do with USB
> drivers.

Vista 64 bit driver worked for Vin7 64 bit. Thanks Glenbo.

Pages: 1
Prev: It's a bad sign
Next: Sonar 6 hassles