From: David Kaye on
I'm looking for some kind of algorithm for being able to read MP3, WMA and
similar files on the fly and determine the beats per minute of a song.

Something like the Abyssmedia BPM Counter which works superfast:
http://www.abyssmedia.com/download.shtml

Does anybody have any kind of sourcecode that can do this?

From: Boris Pauljev on
Doing that by source code yourself is quite annoying and lots of code.
You could use "BASS" from un4seen.com
From: Nobody on
"David Kaye" <sfdavidkaye2(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I'm looking for some kind of algorithm for being able to read MP3, WMA and
> similar files on the fly and determine the beats per minute of a song.
>
> Something like the Abyssmedia BPM Counter which works superfast:
> http://www.abyssmedia.com/download.shtml
>
> Does anybody have any kind of sourcecode that can do this?

Try Planet-Source-Code, and perhaps searching the web if FFT is useful in
this case.

From: David Kaye on
"Nobody" <nobody(a)nobody.com> wrote:

>Try Planet-Source-Code, and perhaps searching the web if FFT is useful in
>this case.

I've already done so. This is why I came here.

From: David Kaye on
Boris Pauljev <nordiccoder(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>Doing that by source code yourself is quite annoying and lots of code.
>You could use "BASS" from un4seen.com

Thank you! This might head me in the right direction, for starters.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Dynamic column
Next: touchpad programming