From: Roln on
Newtechie,

Sounds like a nice system you built.....a lot faster than the one I just finished.

Yes, the Nero CD I saw at BB is bundled with the Sony 710, which is on sale for $99 now. I'd like to get a copy of that CD software and solve my problems.

Why are you using DVD Shrink?

Roln,

I think most DVD burners come with the Nero Express software or NTI CD & DVD Maker. I'm trying to figure out what program are you looking to get? Was Nero the program you saw at Best Buy bundled with the Sony 710?

Yes - InCD will allow to drag and drop files to the icon. It's automatically launched when you boot up Windows and it sits in the system tray. Just an FYI - when I installed my Nero, I was able to update to Ultra Edition free through the www.nero.com site.

As for my newly built system, I went with a Gigabyte motherboard, 250gb Maxtor Ultra ATA/133 hard drive, 512mb PC3200 DDR ram, Intel 3.0ghz CPU, Lite-On DVD-rom drive (1st) and Sony DW-22A burner (2nd), and floppy. My O/S is WinXP Prof. I use Nero, CloneDVD 2, and DVD Shrink for my burning, backup, and copying needs. I also bought a new black Thermaltake case which looks very nice.

Newtechie
From: Newtechie on
Roln,

Did your drive not come with any software? If not, you can get it here for free. I think you just have to pay for shipping.

I use DVD Shrink to compress video files larger than 4.7gb.

Newtechie

From: Roln on
Newtechie,

The Sony DVD I bought is an OEM model and it didn't come with any software or cables. Wrapped in bubble-wrap.
I know now to order differently next time.
The link to the software you posted didn't work. Not sure why, but the page won't load.
Thanks anyway....
Roln

From: namniar on
Did some surfing. The consensus is this unit is made by Lite-On for Sony.
Based on the Lite-On 1633.
Is very picky about the media you put in it (call tech support for
compatible blank media - I recommend this for any drive as well).

If you thinking of returning it check out the LG GSA-4163B
http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Reviews/Specific.aspx?ArticleId=12429&PageId=0

I am very happy with a previous model the GSA-4120B and of course the newer
model is now cheaper than what I bought the older model for. :)

r.

> "namniar" wrote:.
>> Aren't (most?) Sony's made by Lite-On now?
>>

> You are probably right, but how would I find out for sure?
> The Sony web site doesn't support the model DW-22A.
> In fact, they don't know it exists!

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Next: webcam driver for VIMICRO inside