From: kschultz44 on
I've been having problems receiving my hotmail email in Outlook for about the
last month. When I first got my new computer in March, I set up Outlook w/
the Hotmail Outlook Connector and had NO problems. Recently I started
receiving completely blank emails- no subject, to, from, empty body, etc. If
I accessed my hotmail online the message appeared perfectly. I searched for
solutions but nothing I found worked. I tried the new beta outlook connector
to no avail. In fact, that made matters worse as outlook gave me an error
message & I could no longer open the folders at all. I ended up completely
deleting, uninstalling, & reinstalling everything. That worked for about a
week when I started receiving blank emails again.

After trying more fixes online I can now not access my folders at all again.
If anyone knows the fix without a doubt, please let me know. I feel like no
one else is running the same platform/software that I am. I'm tired of
trying the fixes I find online and finding out they don't work for me at all!

Toshiba Qosmio X505-880
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Office Professional Edition/Outlook 2003

If I need to provide more information, please let me know. Help & Solutions
are much appreciated! Thanks in advance...
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"kschultz44" <kschultz44(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I've been having problems receiving my hotmail email in Outlook for about
> the
> last month. When I first got my new computer in March, I set up Outlook w/
> the Hotmail Outlook Connector and had NO problems. Recently I started
> receiving completely blank emails- no subject, to, from, empty body, etc.
> If
> I accessed my hotmail online the message appeared perfectly. I searched for
> solutions but nothing I found worked. I tried the new beta outlook
> connector
> to no avail. In fact, that made matters worse as outlook gave me an error
> message & I could no longer open the folders at all. I ended up completely
> deleting, uninstalling, & reinstalling everything. That worked for about a
> week when I started receiving blank emails again.

The most frequent cause of this is having your antivirus program integrated
with Outlook. Uninstall your AV program and reinstall it without the mail
scanning feature. The get the released version of the Outlook Connector and
try that. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/ha102225181033.aspx
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: kschultz44 on
Note: It's been at least 3 days since I could open my hotmail folders.

Update: I can now open the folders but cannot Send/Receive
From: kschultz44 on
Only use spybot. No AV

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on

> Only use spybot. No AV

Open each of the two add-in managers (Tools>Options>Other>Advanced
Options>Add-In Manager and COM Add-Ins) and see what add-ins you have
installed. Report back what you find.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]