From: Larry Gusaas on
On 2010/06/18 2:59 PM Gordon wrote:

> "Larry Gusaas" <larry.gusaas(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Did you respond to the message you received the first time you posted
>> to openoffice.questions?
>> You have to confirm message for every group you post to.
>
> Harold's been posting here for years....

Not through Gmane. Read his earlier posts and you would understand the
problem.

--

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: NoOp on
On 06/18/2010 03:12 AM, Harold Fuchs wrote:
> I apologise for this but I'm having some sort of trouble with replying to
> messages in this list via Gmane so I'm testing to see if a new post arrives.
> I've successfully posted to gmane.test using this same address so I "know"
> my ISP isn't blocking gmane.
>
> If anyone reads this and has any ideas about solving my problem, please let
> me know.

Works.

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: "Harold Fuchs" on

> On 2010/06/18 2:59 PM Gordon wrote:
>>
>> "Larry Gusaas" <larry.gusaas(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Did you respond to the message you received the first time you posted to
>>> openoffice.questions?
>>> You have to confirm message for every group you post to.
>>
>> Harold's been posting here for years....
>
> Not through Gmane. Read his earlier posts and you would understand the
> problem.

My fault. I use (or thought I did) gmane for two OpenOffice newsgroups -
"General" and "Questions". For some reason I had not confirmed my
subscription to "Questions". Not only that but I had, until 5 minutes ago,
wrongly assumed that if I were not subscribed I'd get a message back in the
News Group telling me so. Doh!

I think I have now rectified the situation.

Thanks, guys, for your concern.

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org