From: Stephen Lebans on
Hi Tom,
two reasons:

1) I would prefer the DLL be placed in the same folder as the front end
MDB/MDE. For XP and later, MS strongly suggest this course of action.

2) The behaviour of which and what order WIndows searches is different
across all of the windows versions.

For the last several months, I have been receiving on average, 3 - 5 EMail
requests a day for help with my ReportToPDF solution. In 90% of the cases,
users do not follow my instructions for locating the DyanPDF DLL.

I'm just trying to reduce Tech support requests.

--

HTH
Stephen Lebans

From: MLH on
Makes sense to me, your objective. In my case, I have
it in two places ==> didn't really expect that to remedy
the issue. But hey, one never can tell.

Could it be that my runtime installation there is complicated
by the fact that the user also runs retail version of A97 on
his machine? I even tried putting the dll in c:\program files\
Microsoft Office\ there with the msAccess.exe file. Didn't
help me.