From: christophercbrewster via OfficeKB.com on
I've been working with a spreadsheet, using different sorts on it. But
suddenly one of the columns became a no-op for sorting, whether I sort on
that column alone or do a multi-column sort. The only thing I did of interest
was to define a pulldown list (for a different column) in a column over at
the right, which is outside of the sort range. To be specific, I highlight
columns A-J to sort, and J is the one that doesn't work. Columns L-M are used
to define pulldowns, but not for column J. Any ideas?

--
Christopher Brewster
Lockheed Martin, Eagan MN

From: christophercbrewster via OfficeKB.com on
I got this to work but don't understand it. I moved my pulldown definition to
another sheet, and the sheet with the problem then sorted correctly. I moved
the pulldown definition back to where it had been, and the sorting was still
correct. So it had something to do with the pulldown definition, but I don't
know what.

From: christophercbrewster via OfficeKB.com on
Help! The sort is broken again, even with all pulldown definitions removed.
Anyone know what can prevent a sort from happening?

christophercbrewster wrote:
>I've been working with a spreadsheet, using different sorts on it. But
>suddenly one of the columns became a no-op for sorting, whether I sort on
>that column alone or do a multi-column sort. The only thing I did of interest
>was to define a pulldown list (for a different column) in a column over at
>the right, which is outside of the sort range. To be specific, I highlight
>columns A-J to sort, and J is the one that doesn't work. Columns L-M are used
>to define pulldowns, but not for column J. Any ideas?

--
Christopher Brewster
Lockheed Martin, Eagan MN

Pages: 1