From: tedd on
At 10:26 AM -0400 4/8/10, Robert Cummings wrote:
>tedd wrote:

>>>That's the ticket. The solution is pretty simple now that we
>>>understand the nature of the problem. :-)
>>>
>>>Andrew
>>
>>Andrew:
>>
>>Half the solution is understanding the problem.
>>
>>However, the above solution only solves half the problem.
>
>Maybe I'm confused... but can't the following be used?
>
><?php
>
> array_multisort( $votes, SORT_DESC, $items, SORT_DESC );
> $final = array_combine( $items, $votes );
>
> print_r( $final );
>
>?>
>
>Cheers,
>Rob.

Rob:

You're never confused because you are always right.

Congrats, you were the first to solve this problem this simply.

To tell the truth, I didn't fully understand how array_multisort()
worked until I reviewed your solution. I thought array_multisort()
was to sort multi-dimensional arrays and simply overlooked the
description that it could also sort several arrays at once. Duh --
sometimes my reading/comprehension skills suck.

Many thanks for your time.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------
http://sperling.com http://ancientstones.com http://earthstones.com
From: Robert Cummings on
tedd wrote:
> Rob:
>
> You're never confused because you are always right.

I should have you mention this to my wife... I'll provide the helmet >:)

> Congrats, you were the first to solve this problem this simply.
>
> To tell the truth, I didn't fully understand how array_multisort()
> worked until I reviewed your solution. I thought array_multisort()
> was to sort multi-dimensional arrays and simply overlooked the
> description that it could also sort several arrays at once. Duh --
> sometimes my reading/comprehension skills suck.
>
> Many thanks for your time.

No prob... was the first time I read up on multisort too :)

Cheers,
Rob.
--
http://www.interjinn.com