From: Rene Veerman on
Service Announcement :))

htmlMicroscope on http://mediabeez.ws/ is down because of technical
difficulties, not-related to the body of the owner of the machine that
runs mediabeez.ws atm.
That mediabeez.ws runs on a home PC (ubuntu karmic), but i'm away from
home atm, travelling around, and the thing has died on me too many
times, so i'm not even going to try to ssh to it atm..

Please apologize my earlier -way out of line for a list like this-
remarks about "letting programmers hit me, and me taking them down
without any effort". I was _STRESSED_ when i wrote that.

Again, please take this as: mediabeez.ws will be back up, with the 3
open-source gifts i have.
If you need the "latest" development copy of htmlMicroscope (something
to look at very large arrays in a browser with), then google for
"htmlmicroscope" and use the googlecode.com(?) link.

My other components, visCanvasLoaderGraphic/Icon and buttonAnimated
(jQuery based), are not available online anywhere.
But you may pass them around of course, as per open source contract styles..

Good luck,
and take care of your loved ones, as i am doing atm.

Greetings,
Rene Veerman
Somewhere in .nl, nice weather atm.
From: Nilesh Govindarajan on
Somebody ban this person. He/she is creating nuisance here. ^)

--
Nilesh Govindarajan
Site & Server Administrator
From: Rene Veerman on
lolz.... :)) u try to be nice, and this is what u get?!?! :-D

From: Peter Lind on
On 9 April 2010 12:20, Rene Veerman <rene7705(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> lolz.... :)) u try to be nice, and this is what u get?!?! :-D

Rene, it's nice of you to post messages on the availability of some OS
tools. However, you should also be aware that it's a minority of
people on this list that use those tools - which in effect means that
you're posting stuff that at best is irrelevant to a lot of people and
at worst is seen as spam by those people.

That said, there can be little doubt that the response you got went a
tad too far - some netiquette lessons would be useful, I think.

--
<hype>
WWW: http://plphp.dk / http://plind.dk
From: Dan Joseph on
On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 6:28 AM, Peter Lind <peter.e.lind(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> That said, there can be little doubt that the response you got went a
> tad too far - some netiquette lessons would be useful, I think.

In defense of the people that react harshly, there has been a lot of people
who just spam the list over the years. Its a natural reaction.

You may want to put that kind of thing in your signature also. Rather than
making announcements that bother people, when you participate, your message
will go out. Although, don't make it 100 lines long...

--
-Dan Joseph

www.canishosting.com - Unlimited Hosting Plans start @ $3.95/month. Promo
Code "NEWTHINGS" for 10% off initial order

http://www.facebook.com/canishosting
http://www.facebook.com/originalpoetry