From: Rene Veerman on
ok, you're right, of course.

me posting that was not just about "another plug for htmlmicroscope".

there were other, secret, considerations, that led me to post that.

--!!
but i hereby promise to really try to use only bottom-posting replies
and cut-out-posting replies on this list in winter time, when i
actually can afford the concentration to supply useful programming
tips.
--!!
right now, i'm still a bit stressed. personal reasons.

From: Rene Veerman on
On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 3:49 PM, Dan Joseph <dmjoseph(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 6:28 AM, Peter Lind <peter.e.lind(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> That said, there can be little doubt that the response you got went a
>> tad too far - some netiquette lessons would be useful, I think.
>>

> In defense of the people that react harshly, there has been a lot of people
> who just spam the list over the years.  Its a natural reaction.
>
> You may want to put that kind of thing in your signature also.  Rather than
> making announcements that bother people, when you participate, your message
> will go out.  Although, don't make it 100 lines long...
>
> --
> -Dan Joseph
>
> www.canishosting.com - Unlimited Hosting Plans start @ $3.95/month.  Promo
> Code "NEWTHINGS" for 10% off initial order
>
> http://www.facebook.com/canishosting
> http://www.facebook.com/originalpoetry

Very good point; i've set a gmail signature, which will not change
much i believe.

--
---------------------------------
Greetings from Rene7705,
From: Rene Veerman on
On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 12:08 AM, Rene Veerman <rene7705(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 3:49 PM, Dan Joseph <dmjoseph(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 6:28 AM, Peter Lind <peter.e.lind(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> That said, there can be little doubt that the response you got went a
>>> tad too far - some netiquette lessons would be useful, I think.
>>>

>> In defense of the people that react harshly, there has been a lot of people
>> who just spam the list over the years.  Its a natural reaction.
>>
>> You may want to put that kind of thing in your signature also.  Rather than
>> making announcements that bother people, when you participate, your message
>> will go out.  Although, don't make it 100 lines long...
>>
>> --
>> -Dan Joseph
>>
>> www.canishosting.com - Unlimited Hosting Plans start @ $3.95/month.  Promo
>> Code "NEWTHINGS" for 10% off initial order
>>
>> http://www.facebook.com/canishosting
>> http://www.facebook.com/originalpoetry
>>

> Very good point; i've set a gmail signature, which will not change
> much i believe.
>
> --
> ---------------------------------
> Greetings from Rene7705,
> creator of open-source web-components: htmlMicroscope(googlecode),
> visCanvasLoaderIcon(not online atm), and buttonAnimate (jQuery based,
> not online atm).

ok, last one then; my sig is now this; and i'm posting this because i
took the effort to put my other components online too..

this'll be my "final" sig for a while i think.

--
Greetings from Rene7705,

I have made some free open source webcomponents designed and written
by me available through
http://code.google.com/u/rene7705/ , or
http://mediabeez.ws (latest dev versions, currently offline)