From: JLatham on
Excel seems to think that if there's a sheet reference, even to the current
sheet, that it should keep the cell references as they were, treating them as
absolute for situations like this.

From: RJB on
That I would have understood, but it does a double-shuffle, which is
what I don't get.

I guess it doesn't matter why, I have a solution.