From: Mark on
Hard to explain what I need, but I have a complex worksheet full of
conditional formatting and linked data.

I need a way of 'anchoring' a number of rows (inclusive of all cells within
each row) to a specific cell in just one row, so that any sort function
performed can sort the worksheet using this one specific cell, whilst keeping
all other rows anchored to it in the same relative position with all formulas
etc intact.

A good summary example - a worksheet of individual staff, each staff member
with multiple rows of data associated with them - how can you sort the
worksheet alphabetically by staff member whilst keeping all of their personal
data in the same relative position?

From: Per Jessen on
Select the entire table, then goto Data > Sort > Sort on 'staff member
column'.

Regards,
Per