From: jjmsae on
When trying to do a sort the data tab & several other tabs are unavailable or
shaded in my Microsoft Office Home & Student Excel 2007. Is there something
that needs to be turned on or off that I'm not aware of? What am I missing?

From: Steve Dunn on
I'm assuming you are referring to the Ribbon tabs rather than worksheet
tabs. Is the worksheet protected? Have a look at the Review tab for
"Unprotect Sheet".

Try looking at the Review tab