From: Bint on
Hello,
Is it possible to do simply a movie with sound synchronization using
javascript? I am just learning it and have an image turner running through
a sequence of frames, waiting 100 milliseconds each time. How accurate is
that, could you start a song playing and reliably maintain sych? I am
guessing not.

Thanks

From: Dr J R Stockton on
In comp.lang.javascript message <C854E603.69E5%bint(a)ign.com>, Sat, 3 Jul
2010 13:05:07, Bint <bint(a)ign.com> posted:

>Hello,
> Is it possible to do simply a movie with sound synchronization using
>javascript? I am just learning it and have an image turner running through
>a sequence of frames, waiting 100 milliseconds each time. How accurate is
>that, could you start a song playing and reliably maintain sych? I am
>guessing not.

One could obtain perfect long-term synchronisation with real time on a
300 MHz Win98 PC as in
<URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/js-date0.htm#TaI> and elsewhere on
the site. I know no reason why that should not have worked on that
machine at ten times the speed, and even less why it should not do so on
a modern machine.

Of course, sync may be lost if the machine is doing too much else at the
same time.

That assumes the song speed to be exactly reproducible, of course.