From: Tom Serface on
I found this to be really good news. It's likely the only way they can
finally get some, like me, from using VSS in the long run. I think it's a
good, and generous move.

Tom

From: Tom Serface on
My biggest problem with VSS is that it feels like it has to redraw the list
controls on the screens (including updating all of the file status) every
time you do just about anything (like right click for a menu or scroll or
....) On a local system this is slow enough, but on VPN it is intolerable.
I use SourceSafe Anywhere when I need to use VSS since it works in a client
server mode that doesn't have the same stupid behavior. I could sometimes
wait for 3 or 4 minutes just for a screen refresh.

SourceSafe Anywhere is a great product and works wonderfully for me sort of
giving me my life back since I work mostly remote.

Tom

From: Alexander Grigoriev on
I have to use Perforce, and still waiting when it catches up with SourceSafe
on usability... Almost there, but it still can't show the history of
revisions combined with labels, and is still using the ugly client spec
system, which is a pain to maintain if several people are working on the
same project. And God forbid if you want to get a particular revision into
an arbitrary folder; no can do...

"Tom Serface" <tom(a)camaswood.com> wrote in message
>I found this to be really good news. It's likely the only way they can
>finally get some, like me, from using VSS in the long run. I think it's a
>good, and generous move.
>
> Tom
>

> "David Ching" <dc(a)remove-this.dcsoft.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Those are my two current choices, but VS 2010 comes with Team Foundation
>> Server (TFS) Basic which replaces SourceSafe (SourceSafe is no longer
>> included with Visual Studio 2010):
>> http://www.infoworld.com/d/developer-world/infoworld-preview-visual-studio-2010-beta-2-impresses-904
>>
>> -- David

First  |  Prev  |