From: Robert Clark on
On Jul 30, 8:54 pm, Damon Hill <damon1S...(a)comcast.netnet> wrote:
> Too much detail to go into here, follow the links:
>
> http://commercialspace.pbworks.com/f/SpaceX_Overview_TEM%20small.pptx
>
> http://commercialspace.pbworks.com/f/Markusic%20-%20SpaceX%20Propulsi...
> 0small.pptx
>
> Discusses Raptor upper stage and engine, Merlin 2 engine, Falcon X and
> Falcon XX, which is a tad larger and more powerful than the Saturn V,
> and technology for manned deep space exploration.

Curiously, on the Space.com bbs, member "Dwightlooi" earlier
suggested very similar looking proposals for what SpaceX's heavy lift
evolution might be:

Roadmap for SpaceX Heavy Lift Vehicles.
by dwightlooi » Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:06 am
[img]http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/9725/falconeagle4ar0.gif[/img]
http://www.space.com/common/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=11793

Beyond the Falcon 9
by dwightlooi » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:59 pm
"Perhaps SpaceX can fill in for NASA's bungling super heavy lift
efforts. Perhaps what we need is not the ARES V, or even DIRECT or
JUPITER. Perhaps what we need is a 2-stage, all hydrocarbon launch
vehicle designed for economy, reliability, ruggedness and simplicity
rather than performance. Perhaps SpaceX's heavy lift road map can look
like this..."
[img]http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/760/falconeagle5smw.gif[/img]
http://www.space.com/common/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19025

Affordable Heavy Lift
by dwightlooi » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:36 pm
FICTION
[img]http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/144/eaglelv.gif[/img]
http://www.space.com/common/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22912

Perhaps "DwightLooi" had some inside knowledge?

Bob Clark