From: bert on
I speak with having Web TV for 17 years. I can see why Gates gave
$130,000,000 for it. WebTV had no hour glass No one finger hand. No
pop ups No time laps. It was all remote that worked at light speed.
Screen I used was 27 inches. Could do every thing in front of it or 21
feet away. WebTV never in 17 years got a virus or even warned me one
was on the way as my Dell Laptop tell me I am being hit by one.
Reality is I think Computers were a big con game. I now have "Intell
inside" So what TreBert
From: Sam Wormley on
On 8/6/10 11:02 AM, bert wrote:
> I speak with having Web TV for 17 years. I can see why Gates gave
> $130,000,000 for it. WebTV had no hour glass No one finger hand. No
> pop ups No time laps. It was all remote that worked at light speed.
> Screen I used was 27 inches. Could do every thing in front of it or 21
> feet away. WebTV never in 17 years got a virus or even warned me one
> was on the way as my Dell Laptop tell me I am being hit by one.
> Reality is I think Computers were a big con game. I now have "Intell
> inside" So what TreBert

Perhaps you need to have a license to be a computer owner, Herb.
http://edu-observatory.org/olli/hcs/index.html

From: Matthew Lybanon on
In article
<e6cd0b86-4e43-4b64-9991-aac8776ee0a7(a)f6g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>,
bert <herbertglazier79(a)msn.com> wrote:

> I speak with having Web TV for 17 years. I can see why Gates gave
> $130,000,000 for it. WebTV had no hour glass No one finger hand. No
> pop ups No time laps. It was all remote that worked at light speed.
> Screen I used was 27 inches. Could do every thing in front of it or 21
> feet away. WebTV never in 17 years got a virus or even warned me one
> was on the way as my Dell Laptop tell me I am being hit by one.
> Reality is I think Computers were a big con game. I now have "Intell
> inside" So what TreBert

If email is the only thing you want, of course you don't need a
general-purpose computer.