From: Nico Coesel on
lusch <lukaszschodowski(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>Yes, the problem was in RS232 :) Actually I don't know why.
>I wrote simple module to write data to RS232 from FPGA and problem
>appeared when I'd like send "00"

Probably a getchar() / C style strings problem.

nico(a)nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
From: Ed McGettigan on
On Mar 10, 2:22 pm, lusch <lukaszschodow...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, the problem was in RS232 :) Actually I don't know why.
> I wrote simple module to write data to RS232 from FPGA and problem
> appeared when I'd like send "00"
>
> Thanks for cooperation
> Luka

I think previously you said that you were using a displaying the
result in HEX in your terminal program. Gabor pointed out that RS-232
would ignore 00 unless you were in binary (vs ascii) mode. Your reply
here wasn't

The value 00 is the same as 0 which is also NULL or end-of-string in C
software. You haven't said how the value is sent to the RS-232 port,
but if you were using MicroBlaze and printf think that this could be
getting swallowed by the software routine.

In order to separate the issue between the Memory read/write and the
RS-232 transmit. I would suggest that you change your design to
simple write a number of zero and non-zero values to the RS-232 and
see if these appear correctly in your RS-232 terminal.

Ed McGettigan
--
Xilinx Inc.
From: Nial Stewart on
"lusch" <lukaszschodowski(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Yes, the problem was in RS232 :) Actually I don't know why.
> I wrote simple module to write data to RS232 from FPGA and problem
> appeared when I'd like send "00"

A haaa, so the 1 Pin Interface would have been invaluable, how many hours
did you waste? (Without giving it too hard a sell).

At least the problem isn't FPGA or PCB based!

Nial.