From: Max Wachtel on
JD wrote:

> If everybody stopped replying to you, would you continue to just post
> and answer your own messages? Why don't we all see what happens?

+1
--
This message was created using SeaMonkey Portable.
http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/seamonkey_portable
From: FromTheRafters on
"~BD~" <BoaterDave(a)hotmail..co.uk> wrote in message
> FromTheRafters wrote:
>> "~BD~"<BoaterDave(a)hotmail..co.uk> wrote in message
>>
>>> You might enjoy life more if you stopped complaining about things
>>> over
>>> which you have no control. None whatsoever!
>>>
>>> No one *makes* you read what I have to say (there again, maybe you
>>> don't!) and it costs you nothing. Simply ignore me if what I say
>>> offends you.
>>
>> ...and be sure to announce to the world that you are officially
>> ignoring
>> his posts. :oD
>>

> Hahaha! :)
>
> Shouldn't you have said that to JD - not to me?!!!

Sorry for the misunderstanding, it was meant as an unsolicited addendum
to your statement to JD.

Trying to get others to ignore a poster rather than just plain ignoring
a poster seems futile to me. Never have I seen it result in making the
offending poster go away - they just go to another more seemingly lively
group and crosspost back.

From: FromTheRafters on
"JD" <JD(a)example.invalid> wrote in message

> If everybody stopped replying to you, would you continue to just post
> and answer your own messages?

Bingo!!

From: ~BD~ on
JD wrote:

> We have a term down here in Texas. It's called "pi$$ing into the wind."
> We try not to do that but sometimes one misjudges the wind direction.

Maybe that's why your still wet behind the ears! ;)
From: Dustin Cook on
~BD~ <BoaterDave(a)hotmail..co.uk> wrote in

> JD wrote:
>> ~BD~ wrote:

>>> �You may fool all the people some of the time, you can even fool
>>> some of the people all of the time, but you cannot fool all of the
>>> people all the time.� Abraham Lincoln

>>> OK. Let' use an example.
>>>
>>> I do not consider Aumha.net to be a business (do you?)
>>>
>>> Let's say someone goes there for the cleaning of their machine and
>>> all seems to go to plan. Is there *any* company/organisation which
>>> makes random checks on such 'help' sites to ensure that nothing
>>> untoward, along the lines which I've described, is happening - to
>>> ensure that they are *not* compromising the machines of naive
>>> 'customers'?

>>> Perhaps you are. I meant that an outside agency may do whatever they
>>> wish - whenever they wish - with the owner of the machine being
>>> completely unaware of the 'intruder'. This may only be achieved if
>>> the user can still carry out whatever he/she wishes to do and does
>>> not become suspicious in any way.
>>>
>>> HTH
>>>

>> boater Dave, You are so full of $hit my monitor stinks when I see
>> your messages. Try a slow boat to anywhere but these newsgroups. OK?
>>

> You might enjoy life more if you stopped complaining about things over
> which you have no control. None whatsoever!

You too might find life more enjoyable if you lost the everyone might be
out to get me mentality. I'm sure it would bring you far less stress to
worry so much about the bad guys.

> No one *makes* you read what I have to say (there again, maybe you
> don't!) and it costs you nothing. Simply ignore me if what I say
> offends you.

Aren't you deliberatly offending to get a reaction?

> Enjoy your day! :)

I had a very enjoyable day, thanks.

--
"Hrrngh! Someday I'm going to hurl this...er...roll this...hrrngh.. nudge
this boulder right down a cliff." - Goblin Warrior