From: JohnM on
On Aug 6, 12:40 am, Bill Ward <bw...(a)ix.REMOVETHISnetcom.com> wrote:
> [Hand edited]
>
> On Thu, 05 Aug 2010 09:09:42 -0700, JohnM wrote:

> <bw...(a)ix.REMOVETHISnetcom.com>

<snip>

> from

> from
> the
> from

> that
> hot

> are

> power

> cold

> which

> in
> yours.

> (photons)

> don't

> Boltzmann
> the

> is

> line
> the

> in

> "source"
> your

> refute
>
> > > Very clever twist by Bilbo here. Ditch the straw man completely after
> > > debunked it, and switch to pure ad hom.
>
> > Pointing out the fact Morgan can't show a free-energy machine is hardly
> > ad hominem.
>
> Of course it's an ad hominem, as there is no such thing as a "free
> energy machine". Tell me bilbo, have you stopped beating your wife yet?
> - a rather similar form of personal attack, in which all possible
> answers implicate the recipient in those uniquely Islamic delights of
> wife-beating (approved by the Holy Koran, no less).
>
> [Morgan apparently doesn't even know the meaning of "reductio ad
> absurdum".]

Bilbo apparently doesn't even know the meaning of plain English. I've
rejoined the deviously separated parts of my original paragraph to
illustrate this.

> > Comparing him to Dawlish should be a compliment, since they
> > share the Alinsky principles of argument.  Either way, he's toast, and
> > should be ashamed of himself for getting his obvious misstatement caught
> > so easily. There's no wiggle room.  No matter how he tries to tap dance
> > around the issue, the 2nd law disproves his silly contention.
>
> Clever red herring. No mention which of the thousand or so statements
> I have issued on alt. g-w over the years is the subject of his claim.
> Let alone why this mystery statement is a "misstatement"
>
> [See above, where he agrees with the claim that a cold object can
> transfer heat to a warmer one.]

No such agreement by me. Pure fabrication - or a lie, if you will.

> > Ignoring temperature seems to be the best he can do:
>
> Poor Bilbo seems not to know which Law of T.D. is which.
>
> > > But a very simple fact that every bit of matter is potentially a sink
> > > for any photon, however much or little energy it carries, refuses to
> go
> > > away just because we stop discussing it.
>
> > How droll.
>
> So what does one of those pesky, low-energy photons do when it finds
> itself on a collision course with a hot object? In bilbo's phantasy
> world it turns on its heel and scurries back to where it came. Neither
> Spencer nor Pielke offer this possibility for back radiation in their
> recent blogs, so where does bilbo get this absurd idea?
>
> Entropy.  Cold objects can't heat warm ones.  Otherwise CoE could be violated
> with a heat engine running on the delta T.

Bilbo imagines heat and energy are synonyms? What a loon!

So why doesn't he post his amazing 'discovery' in the comments at the
websites of Spencer and Pielke?

> > Morgan can't even lose gracefully.
>
> Only the stupidist of fuckwits could dream up a statement that
> idiotic. Once again, bilbo fails to surprise us.
>
> See what I mean?  Morgan phrases his surrender in a very strange way.

If I surrender, I will say so straight out. I have no need to beat
about the bush like bilbo.
From: Bill Ward on
On Fri, 06 Aug 2010 01:06:42 -0700, JohnM wrote:

> On Aug 6, 12:40 am, Bill Ward <bw...(a)ix.REMOVETHISnetcom.com> wrote:
>> [Hand edited]
>>
>> On Thu, 05 Aug 2010 09:09:42 -0700, JohnM wrote:

>> <bw...(a)ix.REMOVETHISnetcom.com>

> <snip>

>> from

>> from
>> the
>> from

>> that
>> hot

>> are

>> power

>> cold

>> which

>> in
>> yours.

>> (photons)

>> don't

>> Boltzmann
>> the

>> is

>> line
>> the

>> in

>> "source"
>> your

>> refute

>> > Pointing out the fact Morgan can't show a free-energy machine is
>> > hardly ad hominem.
>>
>> Of course it's an ad hominem, as there is no such thing as a "free
>> energy machine". Tell me bilbo, have you stopped beating your wife yet?
>> - a rather similar form of personal attack, in which all possible
>> answers implicate the recipient in those uniquely Islamic delights of
>> wife-beating (approved by the Holy Koran, no less).
>>
>> [Morgan apparently doesn't even know the meaning of "reductio ad
>> absurdum".]
>
> Bilbo apparently doesn't even know the meaning of plain English. I've
> rejoined the deviously separated parts of my original paragraph to
> illustrate this.
>
>> > Comparing him to Dawlish should be a compliment, since they share the
>> > Alinsky principles of argument.  Either way, he's toast, and should
>> > be ashamed of himself for getting his obvious misstatement caught so
>> > easily. There's no wiggle room.  No matter how he tries to tap dance
>> > around the issue, the 2nd law disproves his silly contention.
>>
>> Clever red herring. No mention which of the thousand or so statements I
>> have issued on alt. g-w over the years is the subject of his claim. Let
>> alone why this mystery statement is a "misstatement"
>>
>> [See above, where he agrees with the claim that a cold object can
>> transfer heat to a warmer one.]
>
> No such agreement by me. Pure fabrication - or a lie, if you will.

So he now says he agrees with me that cold objects cannot transfer heat
to a warmer one. Kind of makes one wonder what all his fuss was about.
I guess it was either that or come up with a free-energy machine.

>> > Ignoring temperature seems to be the best he can do:
>>
>> Poor Bilbo seems not to know which Law of T.D. is which.

>> go
>>
>> > How droll.
>>
>> So what does one of those pesky, low-energy photons do when it finds
>> itself on a collision course with a hot object? In bilbo's phantasy
>> world it turns on its heel and scurries back to where it came. Neither
>> Spencer nor Pielke offer this possibility for back radiation in their
>> recent blogs, so where does bilbo get this absurd idea?
>>
>[Entropy.  Cold objects can't heat warm ones.  Otherwise CoE could be
> violated with a heat engine running on the delta T.]
>
> Bilbo imagines heat and energy are synonyms? What a loon!

What an imagination Morgan has. He also projects a lot.

> So why doesn't he post his amazing 'discovery' in the comments at the
> websites of Spencer and Pielke?
>
>> > Morgan can't even lose gracefully.
>>
>> Only the stupidist of fuckwits could dream up a statement that idiotic.
>> Once again, bilbo fails to surprise us.
>>
>> See what I mean?  Morgan phrases his surrender in a very strange way.
>
> If I surrender, I will say so straight out. I have no need to beat about
> the bush like bilbo.

Note above, where he now claims he agrees with me that cold objects cannot
transfer heat to a warmer one. What's he been doing, if not beating around
the bush?

From: JohnM on
On Aug 6, 6:41 pm, Bill Ward <bw...(a)ix.REMOVETHISnetcom.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 06 Aug 2010 01:06:42 -0700, JohnM wrote:
> > On Aug 6, 12:40 am, Bill Ward <bw...(a)ix.REMOVETHISnetcom.com> wrote:
> >> [Hand edited]
>
> >> On Thu, 05 Aug 2010 09:09:42 -0700, JohnM wrote:

> >> <bw...(a)ix.REMOVETHISnetcom.com>

> > <snip>

> >> from

> >> from
> >> the
> >> from

> >> that
> >> hot

> >> are

> >> power

> >> cold

> >> which

> >> in
> >> yours.

> >> (photons)

> >> don't

> >> Boltzmann
> >> the

> >> is

> >> line
> >> the

> >> in

> >> "source"
> >> your

> >> refute

> >> Of course it's an ad hominem, as there is no such thing as a "free
> >> energy machine". Tell me bilbo, have you stopped beating your wife yet?
> >> - a rather similar form of personal attack, in which all possible
> >> answers implicate the recipient in those uniquely Islamic delights of
> >> wife-beating (approved by the Holy Koran, no less).
>
> >> [Morgan apparently doesn't even know the meaning of "reductio ad
> >> absurdum".]
>
> > Bilbo apparently doesn't even know the meaning of plain English. I've
> > rejoined the deviously separated parts of my original paragraph to
> > illustrate this.

> >> Clever red herring. No mention which of the thousand or so statements I
> >> have issued on alt. g-w over the years is the subject of his claim. Let
> >> alone why this mystery statement is a "misstatement"
>
> >> [See above, where he agrees with the claim that a cold object can
> >> transfer heat to a warmer one.]
>
> > No such agreement by me.  Pure fabrication - or a lie, if you will.
>
> So he now says he agrees with me that cold objects cannot transfer heat
> to a warmer one.  Kind of makes one wonder what all his fuss was about.
> I guess it was either that or come up with a free-energy machine.

Bilbo's disingenuous turn-of-phrase style seems to be deserting him.
Any one with half-a-brain+ could see through that paragraph. Hint:
photons are neither hot nor cold. They are merely energetic.

> >> Poor Bilbo seems not to know which Law of T.D. is which.

> >> So what does one of those pesky, low-energy photons do when it finds
> >> itself on a collision course with a hot object? In bilbo's phantasy
> >> world it turns on its heel and scurries back to where it came. Neither
> >> Spencer nor Pielke offer this possibility for back radiation in their
> >> recent blogs, so where does bilbo get this absurd idea?
>
> >[Entropy.  Cold objects can't heat warm ones.  Otherwise CoE could be
> > violated with a heat engine running on the delta T.]

My question has not been answered, neither by bilbo nor anyone else.
What do those pesky photons do that escape from a low temperature body
and find themselves on a collision course with a hot body?

> > Bilbo imagines heat and energy are synonyms? What a loon!
>
> What an imagination Morgan has.  He also projects a lot.

Is bilbo saying heat and energy *are* synonyms? Can anyone else make
out what his response is supposed to be?

> > So why doesn't he post his amazing 'discovery' in the comments at the
> > websites of Spencer and Pielke?

> >> Only the stupidist of fuckwits could dream up a statement that idiotic..
> >> Once again, bilbo fails to surprise us.
>
> >> See what I mean?  Morgan phrases his surrender in a very strange way..
>
> > If I surrender, I will say so straight out. I have no need to beat about
> > the bush like bilbo.
>
> Note above, where he now claims he agrees with me that cold objects cannot
> transfer heat to a warmer one.  What's he been doing, if not beating around
> the bush?

He's been explaining how 'back radiation' in the atmosphere is a real
phenomenon, despite bilbo's attempts to shout down the discussion