From: James Mills on
On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 5:27 PM, Michele Simionato
<michele.simionato(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Cool, that's good to know. I am still accepting recommendations for
> non-Python projects ;)

bitbucket (1) also provide static file hosting through the wiki. From
what I understand (tested)
you simply clone the wiki repository (which is it's own repository)
and commit a bunch of .html
files.

cheers
James

1. http://bitbucket.org/
From: Michele Simionato on
On May 4, 9:48 am, James Mills <prolo...(a)shortcircuit.net.au> wrote:
> On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 5:27 PM, Michele Simionato
>
> <michele.simion...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > Cool, that's good to know. I am still accepting recommendations for
> > non-Python projects ;)
>
> bitbucket (1) also provide static file hosting through the wiki. From
> what I understand (tested)
> you simply clone the wiki repository (which is it's own repository)
> and commit a bunch of .html
> files.
>
> cheers
> James
>
> 1.http://bitbucket.org/

Interesting. I tried to see if the same was true for the Wiki in
Google code but apparently it does not work. Does anybody here know if
it is possible to publish raw html in the Google Code wiki and how
does it work?
From: James Mills on
On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 2:08 PM, Michele Simionato
<michele.simionato(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Interesting. I tried to see if the same was true for the Wiki in
> Google code but apparently it does not work. Does anybody here know if
> it is possible to publish raw html in the Google Code wiki and how
> does it work?

I may be wrong, but I recall that Google Code Hosting's Wiki Engine
has a macro that will allow you to render raw HTML.

cheers
James
From: Michele Simionato on
On May 5, 6:39 am, James Mills <prolo...(a)shortcircuit.net.au> wrote:
> On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 2:08 PM, Michele Simionato
>
> <michele.simion...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > Interesting. I tried to see if the same was true for the Wiki in
> > Google code but apparently it does not work. Does anybody here know if
> > it is possible to publish raw html in the Google Code wiki and how
> > does it work?
>
> I may be wrong, but I recall that Google Code Hosting's Wiki Engine
> has a macro that will allow you to render raw HTML.
>
> cheers
> James

I am sure it has, but I was talking about just putting in the
repository an index.html file and have it published, the wayI hear it
works in BitBucket and GitHub.
From: James Mills on
On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 3:35 PM, Michele Simionato
<michele.simionato(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I am sure it has, but I was talking about just putting in the
> repository an index.html file and have it published, the wayI hear  it
> works in BitBucket and GitHub.

I'm pretty sure Google Code Hosting doesn't support
rendering text/html mime-type files in the repository (like Trac can).

On a side-note, not sure if you're interested in this at all...

I wrote (for the hell/fun of it) a "Sphinx Server", here's the code:

http://codepad.org/ywo8pscb

This uses the latest development version of circuits (1)

cheers
James

1. http://bitbucket.org/prologic/circuits/