From: Zach on
Using blabla.Split(whatever) you can split up a text-line into its
constituent elements of an array (as you will know well), my question:
is there code to do the opposite, say after you have nullified one of
the elements of the array? Please give simple example, no reference or
lecture.

Many thanks,
Zach.

From: Zach on
On 22/03/2010 11:12, Zach wrote:
> Using blabla.Split(whatever) you can split up a text-line into its
> constituent elements of an array (as you will know well), my question:
> is there code to do the opposite, say after you have nullified one of
> the elements of the array? Please give simple example, no reference or
> lecture.
>
> Many thanks,
> Zach.

PS I am aware that you can stick the elements together in a loop but
that is not what I am after.

Zach
From: Andy O'Neill on

"Zach" <xx.xx(a)xx> wrote in message
> On 22/03/2010 11:12, Zach wrote:
>> Using blabla.Split(whatever) you can split up a text-line into its
>> constituent elements of an array (as you will know well), my question:
>> is there code to do the opposite, say after you have nullified one of
>> the elements of the array? Please give simple example, no reference or
>> lecture.
>>
>> Many thanks,
>> Zach.
>>

> PS I am aware that you can stick the elements together in a loop but that
> is not what I am after.
>
> Zach

On the face of it, iterating through your array or collection of words and
concatenating non-null entries onto a stringbuilder in a loop would be the
way to do it.
What's the problem with that?

From: Zach on
On 22/03/2010 11:35, Andy O'Neill wrote:

> "Zach" <xx.xx(a)xx> wrote in message
>> On 22/03/2010 11:12, Zach wrote:
>>> Using blabla.Split(whatever) you can split up a text-line into its
>>> constituent elements of an array (as you will know well), my question:
>>> is there code to do the opposite, say after you have nullified one of
>>> the elements of the array? Please give simple example, no reference or
>>> lecture.
>>>
>>> Many thanks,
>>> Zach.
>>>

>> PS I am aware that you can stick the elements together in a loop but
>> that is not what I am after.
>>
>> Zach
>
> On the face of it, iterating through your array or collection of words
> and concatenating non-null entries onto a stringbuilder in a loop would
> be the way to do it.
> What's the problem with that?

Well, there is nothing wrong with that, true, but given the Split
option, I thought there might be an opposite of Split. Because you don't
need Split, to split up a string, code not so complicated to do that
either :)

Zach
From: Family Tree Mike on
On 3/22/2010 6:40 AM, Zach wrote:
> On 22/03/2010 11:35, Andy O'Neill wrote:
>>
>> "Zach" <xx.xx(a)xx> wrote in message

>>> PS I am aware that you can stick the elements together in a loop but
>>> that is not what I am after.
>>>
>>> Zach
>>
>> On the face of it, iterating through your array or collection of words
>> and concatenating non-null entries onto a stringbuilder in a loop would
>> be the way to do it.
>> What's the problem with that?
>
> Well, there is nothing wrong with that, true, but given the Split
> option, I thought there might be an opposite of Split. Because you don't
> need Split, to split up a string, code not so complicated to do that
> either :)
>
> Zach

It sounds like you are looking for string.Join(token, items []);

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/57a79xd0.aspx

--
Mike