From: RipperT on
File transfer between computers is fine. It's only the internet connection
and as I said, IE8 and Firefox behave the same way.

Rip

From: RipperT on
Are you saying Microsoft is deliberately poisoning XP systems with their
updates?

From: LD55ZRA on
I am saying that the recent updates since September 2009 for Windows XP
hasn't met the rigorous testing and quality control expected from a top
software company. You can see from the updates newsgroups that the number
people having problems with updates has increased 100% and there is no other
explanation for this. So one can only conclude that Microsoft is under
tremendous pressure to release patches without testing them rigorously.

Did you know that Windows 7 has already had 135 updates since September 2009
when it was officially released? Why so many updates in such a short
period? Is it because the original product was defective to start with or
is it because Microsoft decided to put on sale its beta product to recoup as
much cost as possible for testing?

hth

From: RipperT on
I am embarrassed to report that this seems to have been an issue with Zone
Alarm Free. I will not be using it anymore. On the plus side, I have a brand
new XP system with 4 74GB Raptors in RAID 0 and a P4 Core2 6600 at 2.4GHz
and 2 GB RAM. I like it...

All help appreciated.

From: mepDJ on
I cannot THANK YOU enough for posting this. All 3 of my XP computers were
using Zone Alarm Free.We have lived with horrible to non-usable connectivity
for 4 weeks. Very frustrating. Tried everything and got ATT tech support
involved multiple times.. no success whatsoever. Your post solved the
problem. Thanks.