From: Ron on
On Mar 27, 10:59 am, "Buffalo" <E...(a)nada.com.invalid> wrote:

> I just tried that pricegrabber site again and clicked on the TV  box on the
> lower right and got it again.
> Buffalo
> PS: I did send that file to Avira

I just upgraded to Windows 7, 3 days ago, and Avira 10 got the
warning. Just tried it again and no warning.

The "real" test would be to see if Webroot Spy Sweeper would catch it.
The best anti-spyware / adware / malware tool on the market...IMHO.

Windows 7 doesn't support my current version of SS, so I don't know if
it would have caught it or not.

As soon as I get W7 configured the way I want it (PITA from W XP) I
will subscribe to a newer version of SS.

From: Ron on
On Mar 28, 3:32 am, Ron <BigELil...(a)msn.com> wrote:
> On Mar 27, 10:59 am, "Buffalo" <E...(a)nada.com.invalid> wrote:
>

> > I just tried that pricegrabber site again and clicked on the TV  box on the
> > lower right and got it again.
> > Buffalo
> > PS: I did send that file to Avira
>
> I just upgraded to Windows 7, 3 days ago, and Avira 10 got the
> warning. Just tried it again and no warning.
>
> The "real" test would be to see if Webroot Spy Sweeper would catch it.
> The best anti-spyware / adware / malware tool on the market...IMHO.
>
> Windows 7 doesn't support my current version of SS, so I don't know if
> it would have caught it or not.
>
> As soon as I get W7 configured the way I want it (PITA from W XP) I
> will subscribe to a newer version of SS.

Just clicked on "Flowers&Gifts" and got a pop-up from Avira.

Virus: HTML/Infected.WebPage.Gen
Date discovered: 14/08/2007
Type: Trojan
In the wild: Yes
Reported Infections: Low
Distribution Potential: Low
From: Han on
Ron <BigELilE05(a)msn.com> wrote in news:b3b5a65b-adaf-4f6f-bbfe-
42a6ab3230d0(a)j21g2000yqh.googlegroups.com:

> On Mar 28, 3:32�am, Ron <BigELil...(a)msn.com> wrote:
>> On Mar 27, 10:59�am, "Buffalo" <E...(a)nada.com.invalid> wrote:
>>

>> > I just tried that pricegrabber site again and clicked on the TV �box
> on the
>> > lower right and got it again.
>> > Buffalo
>> > PS: I did send that file to Avira
>>
>> I just upgraded to Windows 7, 3 days ago, and Avira 10 got the
>> warning. Just tried it again and no warning.
>>
>> The "real" test would be to see if Webroot Spy Sweeper would catch it.
>> The best anti-spyware / adware / malware tool on the market...IMHO.
>>
>> Windows 7 doesn't support my current version of SS, so I don't know if
>> it would have caught it or not.
>>
>> As soon as I get W7 configured the way I want it (PITA from W XP) I
>> will subscribe to a newer version of SS.
>
> Just clicked on "Flowers&Gifts" and got a pop-up from Avira.
>
> Virus: HTML/Infected.WebPage.Gen
> Date discovered: 14/08/2007
> Type: Trojan
> In the wild: Yes
> Reported Infections: Low
> Distribution Potential: Low

I still get warnings from everywhere on pricegrabber, but ignore them.
Hopefully not a problem ...

--
Best regards
Han
From: ~BD~ on
Han wrote:

> I still get warnings from everywhere on pricegrabber, but ignore them.
> Hopefully not a problem ...

A message from the Annexcafe User2User newsgroup

HTH

From: Beauregard T. Shagnasty on
~BD~ wrote:

>> "...winston" <winston_mvp(a)live.com> wrote in message
>>> ... and current available active x software(e.g. Flash)

ActiveX and Flash are two completely different things.
Like apples and fish.

Reposting non-credible information is hazardous to your health.
Reposting in general is about as annoying as ants in your shorts.

--
-bts