From: siljaline on
This has to be one of the shortest beta's I have ever seen (opinion)

General Announcement here >
<http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=45037>

Changelog >
<http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=3283&st=40&p=223860&#entry223860>

Download >
<http://malwarebytes.org/mbam.php>

Look to the MBAM folks that hang here for support or (best bet) the MBAM Forum.

Silj

- Neil Stephenson, _Cryptonomicon_

From: Buffalo on

siljaline wrote:
> This has to be one of the shortest beta's I have ever seen (opinion)
>
> General Announcement here >
> <http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=45037>
>
> Changelog >

<http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=3283&st=40&p=223860&#ent
ry223860>

> Download >
> <http://malwarebytes.org/mbam.php>
>
> Look to the MBAM folks that hang here for support or (best bet) the
> MBAM Forum.
>
> Silj

Well, the update didn't work on my Win2000Pro SP4 OS.

I guess others with the same OS are also having problems updating.

I use the free version and I will post back when I find the solution.

Thanks for your informative posts.

Buffalo

From: siljaline on
Buffalo wrote:

> siljaline wrote:
>> This has to be one of the shortest beta's I have ever seen (opinion)
>>
>> General Announcement here >
>> <http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=45037>
>>
>> Changelog >
>>
> <http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=3283&st=40&p=223860&#ent
> ry223860>
>>
>> Download >
>> <http://malwarebytes.org/mbam.php>
>>
>> Look to the MBAM folks that hang here for support or (best bet) the
>> MBAM Forum.
>>
>> Silj
>

> Well, the update didn't work on my Win2000Pro SP4 OS.
>
> I guess others with the same OS are also having problems updating.
>
> I use the free version and I will post back when I find the solution.

Assuming MBAM working on your OS previously did you try a install-over-top ?
I had to avoid all the fuss and I turned off the phone-home feature that pulls new updates via the app !
If I want a new version of MBAM, I'll do it on my on time, all due, etc.

> Thanks for your informative posts.

Happy to share !

From: BoaterDave on
It installed fine on both W2K Advanced Server and W2K3 Enterprise
--
Peter

From: Buffalo on

siljaline wrote:
> Buffalo wrote:
>>

>> siljaline wrote:
>>> This has to be one of the shortest beta's I have ever seen (opinion)
>>>
>>> General Announcement here >
>>> <http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=45037>
>>>
>>> Changelog >

<http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=3283&st=40&p=223860&#ent
>> ry223860>
>>>
>>> Download >
>>> <http://malwarebytes.org/mbam.php>
>>>
>>> Look to the MBAM folks that hang here for support or (best bet) the
>>> MBAM Forum.
>>>
>>> Silj
>>

>> Well, the update didn't work on my Win2000Pro SP4 OS.
>>
>> I guess others with the same OS are also having problems updating.
>>
>> I use the free version and I will post back when I find the solution.
>
> Assuming MBAM working on your OS previously did you try a
> install-over-top ?
> I had to avoid all the fuss and I turned off the phone-home feature
> that pulls new updates via the app !
> If I want a new version of MBAM, I'll do it on my on time, all due,
> etc.
>

>> Thanks for your informative posts.
>
> Happy to share !
>
> Silj

I first tried installin over the top. Then I tried uninstalling (a-v and SAS
turned off) and rebooting and then using the MBAM cleaner (a-v and SAS
turned off) and rebooting and then installing ver1.45. Same error.
Basically it said : Cannot import
dll:\I\Documen~1\user\Locals~1\temp\ER8UL.tmp\mbam.dll.
PS: It sounds as if Malwarebytes is looking into the Win2000Pro SP4 install
problem with ver 1.45.