From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Peter Foldes" <okf22(a)hotmail.com>

| OMG. You are a complete ignorant fool . David please get a life and leave people be.
| Nobody in the newsgroups are bad. If you want to find bad people the go to the chat
| rooms and I am sure you can flag many there and to their amazement.

He's a troll.

He's trolling.

He also just paid for the trolling.

--
Dave

From: Beauregard T. Shagnasty on
~BD~ wrote:

> I'd not be at all surprised that it was you who locked a thread which
> was becoming threatening to you. Aumha folk did/do exactly the same
> thing. It's infuriating to those who wish to continue with a
> discussion.
>
> This is the thread in question:
> hXXp://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?s=dd9ba9c0d6d97362baacc137968fc609&showtopic=21669

That thread should have been locked (or deleted) from the get-go.
"Sharon Franks" is a known nym of Christopher PCButts, who was trying to
get his site removed from the deserved MBAM IP block.

--
-bts
From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <a.nony.mous(a)example.invalid>

| ~BD~ wrote:

>> I'd not be at all surprised that it was you who locked a thread which
>> was becoming threatening to you. Aumha folk did/do exactly the same
>> thing. It's infuriating to those who wish to continue with a
>> discussion.

>> This is the thread in question:
>> hXXp://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?s=dd9ba9c0d6d97362baacc137968fc609&showtopic=
>> 21669

| That thread should have been locked (or deleted) from the get-go.
| "Sharon Franks" is a known nym of Christopher PCButts, who was trying to
| get his site removed from the deserved MBAM IP block.

The IP adddress pointed right back to "HIM".

--
Dave

From: ~BD~ on
Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
> ~BD~ wrote:
>
>> I'd not be at all surprised that it was you who locked a thread which
>> was becoming threatening to you. Aumha folk did/do exactly the same
>> thing. It's infuriating to those who wish to continue with a
>> discussion.
>>
>> This is the thread in question:
>> hXXp://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?s=dd9ba9c0d6d97362baacc137968fc609&showtopic=21669
>
> That thread should have been locked (or deleted) from the get-go.
> "Sharon Franks" is a known nym of Christopher PCButts, who was trying to
> get his site removed from the deserved MBAM IP block.

Let me understand this correctly. You seem to be saying that
Malwarebytes took it upon themselves to Block the IP of an innocent
Internet user (no convictions for anything AFAICT).

That seems to me like a commercial operation is acting as judge and jury
and installing a blocking mechanism on the computers of MBAM users
without their knowledge.

Is that right?

If it is, is such action legal?

--
Dave
From: Dustin Cook on
"Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <a.nony.mous(a)example.invalid> wrote in

> ~BD~ wrote:
>
>> I'd not be at all surprised that it was you who locked a thread which
>> was becoming threatening to you. Aumha folk did/do exactly the same
>> thing. It's infuriating to those who wish to continue with a
>> discussion.
>>
>> This is the thread in question:
>> hXXp://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?s=dd9ba9c0d6d97362baacc137968
>> fc609&showtopic=21669
>
> That thread should have been locked (or deleted) from the get-go.
> "Sharon Franks" is a known nym of Christopher PCButts, who was trying
> to get his site removed from the deserved MBAM IP block.

And as you can see, we were diplomatic about it, until one of us recognized
who it was. Then, rightfully the thread was locked, but not before we
provided anyone interested several google links explaining who Sharon
Franks (another pcbutts handle actually) was. I suppose, Dave skipped that.

--
"Hrrngh! Someday I'm going to hurl this...er...roll this...hrrngh.. nudge
this boulder right down a cliff." - Goblin Warrior