From: Dustin Cook on
"Jenn" <nope(a)noway.atnohow.anyday> wrote in

>>"Toxic" <staring(a)my_hd.tv> wrote in message
>
>>> On Fri, 02 Apr 2010 21:04:14 -0500, Jenn wrote:
>>> I can attest to the fact that Dave is not stupid. :) --
>>> Jenn (from Oklahoma)
>

> <snip>
>
>> Dave is, whether deliberately or inadvertently, illustrating the
>> paradox within the contradictory personality of an illiterate
>> drooling fool attempting to play the part of an elite.
>
> I don't really care to label people to be things like "illiterate
> drooling fools", or "trolls", or anything similar because most people
> I come in contact with on the internet are quite the opposite... they
> are educated with strong opinions and personalities that support the
> latter. Most people just want to help other people in some way even
> if we don't understand their method or why they do what they do. Too
> often people just end up in discussions where they "go at" each other
> instead of communicating with each other. I understand why people do
> it, it's just frustrating to see a large group of people who are very
> smart in what they do just "go at" each other.

It's unavoidable in this case Jenn. Many individuals (myself included)
strongly dislike pcbutts for his routine theft and forgeries. So when
someone like BoaterDave comes along and tries to preach the goodness
inside Pcbutts, well, I'm sure you can understand our desire to string
him from a tree alongside pcbutts.

--
"Hrrngh! Someday I'm going to hurl this...er...roll this...hrrngh.. nudge
this boulder right down a cliff." - Goblin Warrior

From: Leythos on
In article <hpaa8k$m14$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
nope(a)noway.atnohow.anyday says...

> "Leythos" <spam999free(a)rrohio.com> wrote in message
> > In article <hpa8tv$crk$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
> > nope(a)noway.atnohow.anyday says...
> >> It's difficult for me to label anyone as being stupid or a troll because
> >> don't believe those sort of people really exist on the internet.
> >>

> > Jenn, I've been on Usenet since 84 and I can assure you that "Trolls"
> > exist and enjoy what they do. You can see it in their diversions and the
> > tactics they use.
>
> People exist on Usenet, and other people who don't like them or what they do
> or how they post will label them as *trolls*. You say they are trolls
> because of their tactics... I say they are just people who have strong
> personalities ... It's when personalities and methods conflict that people
> get labeled, and it isn't any more right to label someone a troll as it is
> to create virus's and deliver those virus's to peoples computers to do harm.

Jenn, there are people that have 180 deg views and opinions that are not
trolls, but there "are" trolls on usenet and many boards. A troll
doesn't have to be counter to your views.

For you to say that trolls don't exist, when it's been proven that they
do, is like saying racism doesn't exist.

There are bad people, they disrupt groups, disrupt other groups, twist
discussions, etc... they don't do it as part of a disagreement in ideals
or beliefs, they do it for the fun of it, to see how far they can take
others.... Those people are trolls.

> > BD is as much a troll, by his tactics and his play, as he is a
> > idiot.
>
> BD asks questions, and challenges many of the answers he gets. Paying
> attention as to why people do what they do really helps in being able to
> respond without taking things personal and getting angry.

LOL - You really need to go back and look at his involvement in many
threads, and start actually watching his replies, and then when he
starts cross-posting to other groups....

> > Just look at his posts, they follow the very clear ideals of
> > trolling - and it's almost good at it.
>
> I've been a target of BD's questions, too... but I was patient and I
> understand what his goal was... We are friends because I gave him the space
> to be himself and I accept him as he is.

And most of us see what he's doing, his history, and the symptoms for
what they really are - you can be friends with anyone you want, but it
doesn't change that he's trolling most times.

Trust yourself.
From: Leythos on
In article <wMudnZQiEfY7WSXWnZ2dnUVZ7oCdnZ2d(a)bt.com>,
BoaterDave(a)hotmail.co.uk says...
> My goal *is* the same now as it always was - to determine how bad guys
> operate on the Internet.

But your responses and your actions show that you're goal is not what
you claim it is, unless you're trying to determine how trolls are caught
and reacted to by others.

Trust yourself.
From: Dustin Cook on
Toxic <staring(a)my_hd.tv> wrote in news:pan.2010.04.04.18.29.14(a)cdc.gov:

> On Sun, 04 Apr 2010 17:33:24 +0000, Dustin Cook wrote:
>
>> You, BD, pcbutts, toxic..
>
> Since you want to include me in your paranoid list of enemies,
> I'm just an observer up here in the cheap seats
> and even from here you look to be the frantic twitching loser.

list of enemies? heh, no. I don't know you, so I can't claim your an enemy.
Your just.. some.. nobody I guess on usenet, coming to poor BD's defense;
for what little good it does.

From: Dustin Cook on
Toxic <staring(a)my_hd.tv> wrote in news:pan.2010.04.04.18.22.12(a)cdc.gov:

> On Sun, 04 Apr 2010 17:14:41 +0000, Dustin Cook wrote:
>
>> ~BD~ wrote:
>>>
>>> *Everything* I do is quite deliberate, I assure you!
>>
>> So you admit then that you are a troll and deserve to be treated as
>> harshly? Thank you.
>
> Typical response to a query that exceeds the capacity of a menial VXer,
> call the poster a "troll".

Let me know when you can answer the questions I previously asked you. I
just want to get an idea of who you are.. thats all.

> As to harsh treatment...
> whatcha gonna do, blow cigarette smoke in his face loser?

cigs are expensive, if he wants one, he can buy his own.