From: Jenn on

>"Toxic" <staring(a)my_hd.tv> wrote in message

>> On Fri, 02 Apr 2010 21:04:14 -0500, Jenn wrote:
>> I can attest to the fact that Dave is not stupid. :) --
>> Jenn (from Oklahoma)

<snip>

> Dave is, whether deliberately or inadvertently, illustrating the paradox
> within the contradictory personality of an illiterate drooling fool
> attempting to play the part of an elite.

I don't really care to label people to be things like "illiterate drooling
fools", or "trolls", or anything similar because most people I come in
contact with on the internet are quite the opposite... they are educated
with strong opinions and personalities that support the latter. Most people
just want to help other people in some way even if we don't understand their
method or why they do what they do. Too often people just end up in
discussions where they "go at" each other instead of communicating with each
other. I understand why people do it, it's just frustrating to see a large
group of people who are very smart in what they do just "go at" each other.

--
Jenn (from Oklahoma)

From: Jenn on

"Dustin Cook" <bughunter.dustin(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

>It's all about the code, ya
> know... :)

I don't do what you do, Dustin, but for what I do (websites) ... it's all
about the code, too! LOL

--
Jenn (from Oklahoma)

From: Jenn on

> On Fri, 02 Apr 2010 18:17:03 -0500, Jenn wrote:
>

>> Men butting heads say all sorts of stuff when they are in the process of
>> butting heads. Being gentlemen-like is rarely a part of men butting
>> heads.
>
> You sound like a pretty astute person.

thank you! That's kind of you to say. :)

> A realistic attitude like that will be your friend
> as you wend through the murkiness of usenet.

well.... I'm just like anybody else.. some people will likewhat I have to
say.....and some people won't like what I have to say, and there's no rhyme
or reason as to who will and who won't like what I have to say! LOL
--
Jenn (from Oklahoma)

From: Jenn on

"Peter Foldes" <okf22(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Jenn
>
> Knowing Dave since he started posting in late 2005 he is definitely stupid
> and an ignorant Troll

Peter ...

It's difficult for me to label anyone as being stupid or a troll because I
don't believe those sort of people really exist on the internet. That sort
of characterization of an individual is just a convenient way of dismissing
a person outright, and in doing so it labels that persons worth from that
point on.

Dave isn't stupid and he isn't a troll, either. He does ask alot of
questions, and he does challenge the answers he gets until he's satisfied
with the information. Many people ask questions and do what he does, and I
understand to some people that sort of an approach can be irritating and
frustrating because no one likes to feel that the information they provide
as a result of a posed question is challenged or doubted. Some might
think... "he asked me a question.. I answered it.. and now he is questioning
what I just told him..." That can *feel* like it's extremely personal and
lots of people take that sort of approach as being a personal affront. I
can understand because Dave's done the same thing with me ... asking
questions... and then more questions that could be taken that way... but I
understand why he asks them and keeps asking, so I didn't take it as a bad
thing. He does it to find out if a person is who they say they are .. if
they are straight up with him .. if they are good or bad.

Not everyone uses that method to figure out who people are and where they
are coming from, but it doesn't make him a troll or even stupid. It's just
the method that works for him, and I just accept him as he is... and he is a
good person.

--
Jenn (from Oklahoma)

From: Jenn on

"~BD~" <BoaterDave(a)hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
> Toxic wrote:
>> On Fri, 02 Apr 2010 18:17:03 -0500, Jenn wrote:
>>

>>> Men butting heads say all sorts of stuff when they are in the process of
>>> butting heads. Being gentlemen-like is rarely a part of men butting
>>> heads.
>>
>> You sound like a pretty astute person.
>> A realistic attitude like that will be your friend
>> as you wend through the murkiness of usenet.
>

> You must be too - to recognise that! :)
>
> Jenn is a lovely lady and I'm pleased that she is my friend.
>
> May I wish you a very Happy Easter.
>
> God Bless you.

awe .. thanks! :D
--