From: Jenn on

"Dustin Cook" <bughunter.dustin(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> "Jenn" <nope(a)noway.atnohow.anyday> wrote in
>
>> "Dustin Cook" <bughunter.dustin(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> I'm capable of civil discussion with anyone who wants the discussion
>>> to be civil. At the same time, I'm capable of responding in kind to
>>> those who do not want a civil discussion and aim for lame attacks.
>>> <snip>
>>
>> The next step in anyones communication skillset would be the ability
>> to have civil discussion with anyone despite how they respond.
>> <wink> ;)
>
> People are treated as they wish to be treated.

I think everyone wants to be treated well....... some people it's difficult
to understand why they are aggressive or mean, tho.

> I give everyone the
> benefit of the doubt once,

I guess I give people more than one chance, and generally over a long period
of time.

> unless the individual already made it clear
> that civil correspondense isn't on the agenda (re: Toxic).

I've met people like that too... I don't know (toxic) so I'm not referring
to him specifically.

> David will
> even tell you I was polite and very civil with his email correspondence
> until his questions went beyond support for BugHunter.

I remember you two being friendly in discussions on my bbs.

> As he is often
> doing here, his questions were about other individuals and I wouldn't
> discuss them with him.

yes... that is part of how he investigates various people and issues.

> We haven't been friends (heh) since then. He says
> I became a whitehat

Whats that mean .. to become *whitehat*?

> and got too busy with malwarebytes to help him
> further. That isn't the truth. The truth was I wasn't going to answer
> questions about people or anything that wasn't specifically and only
> about BugHunter; that annoyed him. He's been trying to dig up dirt on me
> ever since. :)

Again.. it's those unanswered questions that but Dave. :)

> The guys a nutjob.

naaaaaa ... he's just persistant. :D

--
Jenn (from Oklahoma)

From: Dustin Cook on

> "Dustin Cook" <bughunter.dustin(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>> "Jenn" <nope(a)noway.atnohow.anyday> wrote in
>>
>>> "Dustin Cook" <bughunter.dustin(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> The next step in anyones communication skillset would be the ability
>>> to have civil discussion with anyone despite how they respond.
>>> <wink> ;)
>>
>> People are treated as they wish to be treated.
>
> I think everyone wants to be treated well....... some people it's
> difficult to understand why they are aggressive or mean, tho.
>
>> I give everyone the
>> benefit of the doubt once,
>
> I guess I give people more than one chance, and generally over a long
> period of time.
>
>> unless the individual already made it clear
>> that civil correspondense isn't on the agenda (re: Toxic).
>
> I've met people like that too... I don't know (toxic) so I'm not
> referring to him specifically.
>
>> David will
>> even tell you I was polite and very civil with his email
>> correspondence until his questions went beyond support for BugHunter.
>
> I remember you two being friendly in discussions on my bbs.
>
>> As he is often
>> doing here, his questions were about other individuals and I wouldn't
>> discuss them with him.
>
> yes... that is part of how he investigates various people and issues.

Well, You have to understand in this line of work, it's best that if
someone has a question or wants to know why such and such did such and
such, it's best to ask them directly. It's considered bad practice to
discuss private matters with outsiders.

>> We haven't been friends (heh) since then. He says
>> I became a whitehat
>
> Whats that mean .. to become *whitehat*?

Whitehat=good hacker/reformed hacker
Blackhat=bad hacker/the kind movies are made about...

>> and got too busy with malwarebytes to help him
>> further. That isn't the truth. The truth was I wasn't going to answer
>> questions about people or anything that wasn't specifically and only
>> about BugHunter; that annoyed him. He's been trying to dig up dirt on
>> me ever since. :)
>
> Again.. it's those unanswered questions that but Dave. :)

They aren't for me to answer. :)

--
"Hrrngh! Someday I'm going to hurl this...er...roll this...hrrngh.. nudge
this boulder right down a cliff." - Goblin Warrior

From: Jenn on

> "Jenn" <nope(a)noway.atnohow.anyday> wrote in
>> yes... that is part of how he investigates various people and issues.
>
> Well, You have to understand in this line of work, it's best that if
> someone has a question or wants to know why such and such did such and
> such, it's best to ask them directly. It's considered bad practice to
> discuss private matters with outsiders.

I understand ...

>>> We haven't been friends (heh) since then. He says
>>> I became a whitehat
>>
>> Whats that mean .. to become *whitehat*?

> Whitehat=good hacker/reformed hacker
> Blackhat=bad hacker/the kind movies are made about...

ahh.. so it's a good thing when someone says you're a whitehat now? LOL cool

>>> and got too busy with malwarebytes to help him
>>> further. That isn't the truth. The truth was I wasn't going to answer
>>> questions about people or anything that wasn't specifically and only
>>> about BugHunter; that annoyed him. He's been trying to dig up dirt on
>>> me ever since. :)
>>
>> Again.. it's those unanswered questions that but Dave. :)

> They aren't for me to answer. :)

Well ... my hope is that you guys will eventually work out your
disagreements. ya know?

--
Jenn (from Oklahoma)

From: Leythos on
In article <hparni$c3n$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
nope(a)noway.atnohow.anyday says...
> Again ... calling someone a troll is the lazy way of interacting with
> anyone. If you or I can understand why people do what they do and say what
> they say and gain understanding of those things, (which takes an effort and
> some time,) there would be no need to label anyone as a troll.

Jenn,

I'm sorry, but you're wrong. You seem to think that trolls are just
labeled that because people, even everyone, disagrees with them, but
that's not the case.

A troll disrupts by many means, sometimes subtle and not always
argumentative....

I have many people that I/we disagree with on many subjects and don't
consider them trolls - just look at politics. The difference between
someone you disagree with and a troll is that the troll doesn't care
about the conversation or validity, they keep twisting, like BD does.

Trust yourself.
From: Leythos on
In article <hpasg9$h4p$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
nope(a)noway.atnohow.anyday says...
> I should let you know that I'm not taking up for Dave. I'm just explaining
> that I understand him and why he does what he does and says the things he
> says.

Jenn, how do you know you're not mistaken and fooled?

Trust yourself.