From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Buffalo" <Eric(a)nada.com.invalid>

| I first tried installin over the top. Then I tried uninstalling (a-v and SAS
| turned off) and rebooting and then using the MBAM cleaner (a-v and SAS
| turned off) and rebooting and then installing ver1.45. Same error.
| Basically it said : Cannot import
| dll:\I\Documen~1\user\Locals~1\temp\ER8UL.tmp\mbam.dll.
PS:: It sounds as if Malwarebytes is looking into the Win2000Pro SP4 install
| problem with ver 1.45.

Didn't you also note Avira v10 problems as well ?

Could it be the PC and not the installing software is the problem ?

{ Besides the fact it is a dead OS }

--
Dave

From: Buffalo on

Buffalo wrote:
[snip]>
> I first tried installin over the top. Then I tried uninstalling (a-v
> and SAS turned off) and rebooting and then using the MBAM cleaner
> (a-v and SAS turned off) and rebooting and then installing ver1.45.
> Same error. Basically it said : Cannot import
> dll:\I\Documen~1\user\Locals~1\temp\ER8UL.tmp\mbam.dll.
> PS: It sounds as if Malwarebytes is looking into the Win2000Pro SP4
> install problem with ver 1.45.

Actually, my error message was:

Runtime Error (at -1:0)0
Cannot import dll:I:Docume~1\admin~1\locals~1\temp\is-OHLH2.tmp\mbam.dll

Perhaps the install program tried to put mbam.dll somewhere else.
Buffalo

From: Buffalo on

David H. Lipman wrote:
> From: "Buffalo" <Eric(a)nada.com.invalid>
>

>> I first tried installin over the top. Then I tried uninstalling (a-v
>> and SAS turned off) and rebooting and then using the MBAM cleaner
>> (a-v and SAS turned off) and rebooting and then installing ver1.45.
>> Same error. Basically it said : Cannot import
>> dll:\I\Documen~1\user\Locals~1\temp\ER8UL.tmp\mbam.dll.
> PS:: It sounds as if Malwarebytes is looking into the Win2000Pro SP4
> install
>> problem with ver 1.45.
>
> Didn't you also note Avira v10 problems as well ?
>
> Could it be the PC and not the installing software is the problem ?
>
> { Besides the fact it is a dead OS }

Yes, I did have problems upgrading to ver 10 of the free Avira.

"Well, the Avira forum moderator told me to:

Please install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package
hXXp://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai.0d-3802b2af5fc2

I did that and it repaired the C++ Redistributable x86 9.0.30729.17 that was
already installed and now the free Avira 10 installed and works just fine."

Others on the MalwareBytes' Forum running Win2000Pro SP4 also experienced
the same error message. A moderator there said that they were working on the
problem with Win2000Pro SP4.

Thanks for the reply
Buffalo
PS: Since Win2000Pro will be unsupported shortly, I guess I will have to
bite the bullet and buy or build another PC with Win7 on it.

From: ~BD~ on
BoaterDave DID NOT write:
************************
> It installed fine on both W2K Advanced Server and W2K3 Enterprise
> --
> Peter

Bit of a boob by the OP here, methinks!

From: "BoaterDave" <BoaterDave(a)hotmail.co.uk>
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.spyware
Subject: Re: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.45 released
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 02:24:15 -0400

<http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=3283&st=40&p=223860&#ent
> ry223860>
>>
>> Download >
>> <http://malwarebytes.org/mbam.php>
>>
>> Look to the MBAM folks that hang here for support or (best bet) the
>> MBAM Forum.
>>
>> Silj
>

> Well, the update didn't work on my Win2000Pro SP4 OS.
>
> I guess others with the same OS are also having problems updating.
>
> I use the free version and I will post back when I find the solution.
>
> Thanks for your informative posts.
>
> Buffalo

**

Dave - Guessing that Peter Foldes is masquerading as me - but *why*?

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Buffalo" <Eric(a)nada.com.invalid>

| How could it possibly help in speed?
| Buffalo