From: Clairebear on
Am trying to install SQL service pack 2 (Kb960089) ans it wont install. I
need getting error message 80070050 or error code 733 F. I keep trying to
install but each time it fails. Have been tryng to update this for
mths...anyone any suggestions??
--
cb
From: PvdG42 on

"Clairebear" <Clairebear(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Am trying to install SQL service pack 2 (Kb960089) ans it wont install. I
> need getting error message 80070050 or error code 733 F. I keep trying to
> install but each time it fails. Have been tryng to update this for
> mths...anyone any suggestions??
> --
> cb

Is this SQL Server 2005 Express, installed as part of Visual Studio or an
independent edition?
I'm inferring that you have SQL Server installed and that the problem is
just with the service pack, correct?

In your situation, I'd be inclined to try a complete removal of SQL Server,
followed by a reinstall. I asked about the edition above because if you do
have Express, you will do a repair install of Visual Studio to reinstall SQL
Express.