From: Cubaman on
On Jul 20, 1:18 am, "Alan T" <alan_NO_SPAM_pl...(a)yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed both .NET connector and ODBC driver.
> Since the connecting string format for MySQL is the same, how does ASP.NET
> knows which one to use to connect?
>
> >http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/- that is the download site
>
> > there is not much to change with this connector, but mainly sqlconnection
> > to mysqlconnection etc

> >> Hi,
>
> >> Could you give me some code that I can use to replace in my original
> >> coding?

Hello:
I think your're confused with connectors. Odbc connections is a
diferent technology than .Net data providers.
Aspnet knows wich class to instantiate basically because you explicity
write it in code.

MySqlConnection class is diferent from OdbcConnection class.
Take a look at here:
http://www.geekpedia.com/tutorial139_Connecting-to-MySQL-with-Csharp-and-ODBC.html

Best regards.
First  |  Prev  |