From: Michael on
Hello!

I'd like to start ActiveSync over infrared on my Win CE 3.0 device by code.
Manually it is just clicking on Connections -> IR-ActiveSync. How to do it
by code (I use eMbedded VB)? I've read about
CreateProcess("\windows\repllog.exe", ...), but this seems to apply to the
desktop PC; at least I couldn't find repllog.exe on my Win CE device.

Thanks, best regards
Michael

From: Karthikeyan on
On Sep 22, 12:49 am, <Michael Popp> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'd like to start ActiveSync over infrared on my Win CE 3.0 device by code.
> Manually it is just clicking on Connections -> IR-ActiveSync. How to do it
> by code (I use eMbedded VB)? I've read about
> CreateProcess("\windows\repllog.exe", ...), but this seems to apply to the
> desktop PC; at least I couldn't find repllog.exe on my Win CE device.
>
> Thanks, best regards
> Michael

Hi Michael,
I could find "\windows\repllog.exe" in WM 6.1 device . But not sure
about WinCE 3.0 device.

Regards,
Karthik
From: r_z_aret on
On Mon, 21 Sep 2009 21:49:45 +0200, <Michael Popp> wrote:

>Hello!
>
>I'd like to start ActiveSync over infrared on my Win CE 3.0 device by code.
>Manually it is just clicking on Connections -> IR-ActiveSync. How to do it
>by code (I use eMbedded VB)? I've read about
>CreateProcess("\windows\repllog.exe", ...), but this seems to apply to the
>desktop PC; at least I couldn't find repllog.exe on my Win CE device.

Definitely CE, not "big" Windows. I used it starting with Windows CE
2.0. But I couldn't see it just now when I looked on my Jornada 565
(Pocket PC 2002, based on Windows CE 3.0); may be hidden when using
the File Viewer.

Here are some perhaps relevant references:

According to Steve Maillet (72 Jul 1999 contribution to thread called
"REPLLOG.EXE command line parameters " in several newsgroups, no
command line arguments are documented for repllog.exe. But see 4 Nov
03 thread called "ActiveSync and repplog.exe" in
microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer

From 26 Jan 05 contribution by Paul Yao to thread called "Disconnect
the ActiveSync" in Windows CE Dev List:
arguments for repplog
none => open default ras connection
/c: provides ConnectioID name
/p: provides Partner name
/d => disconnect
/remote => remote sync
A response from the original poster says none of these work. Another
note in the same thread says the following works (and the original
poster confirmed):
HWND hWnd = ::FindWindow( L"ActiveSync", NULL );
if (hWnd)
::SendMessage( hWnd, WM_CLOSE, 0, 0 );

>Thanks, best regards
>Michael