From: Donald Anadell on

"M Skabialka" <mskabialka(a)NOSPAMdrc.com> wrote in message
> No CCleaner installed, in fact nothing installed lately except a keyboard
> driver.

Sorry I don't have anything else to offer. As you can gather from the
replies to your post, there is generally only two reasons for this to be
occuring on your machine.

1. A Third party System Maintenance program(like CCleaner), or others as
described here:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/runmru.htm

2. Registry Policy setting of "ClearRecentDocsOnExit ", as described here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/292504

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> "Donald Anadell" <danadell(a)nospamersmikrotec.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "M Skabialka" <mskabialka(a)NOSPAMdrc.com> wrote in message
>>>I seldom shut down my WinXP computer since it reboots slowly. However I
>>>do after I get updates. The last two times I have rebooted, my list of
>>>prefilled items in the Start, Run list has been wiped out completely.
>>>There are several functions I perform from there often, so would like to
>>>stop the list getting erased.
>>> Has a recent Windows update caused this? If not, what else could have?
>>> Mich
>>
>> Do you have CCleaner installed, and do you have it set to run on startup?
>>
>> Good luck,
>>
>> Donald Anadell

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3