From: Rex the Strange on
Hi all,

I'm creating a flash thingy and I have a criteria that I haven't been
able to find an answer to after much googling -

Imagine that I want an object (probably an image) on my flash thingy
to remain the same size, regardless of how big the embedded flash
object is set to. How can I do this?

For more clarification:

Suppose I set the stage to 400x300 and I put an object on the stage
(probably an image) that is 200x150.

Then, when I embed the flash animation into a web page I set, in the
html, that the animation should be 4000x3000. Naturally, my object
becomes 2000x1500 (I know these are exaggerated numbers, but I'm using
them to illustrate the issue).

Is it possible to say, hey Flash, this object is 200x150 regardless of
how big your stage is reset to? I'm open to suggestions, even
actionscript (perhaps, on load you say to the object - become 200x150
- calculated relative to the final stage size? Just a thought).

tia,
rts
From: Jenn on
not sure what version of flash you're using... this may or may not work.
This code may work:

Frame Actions panel

Fscommand("allowscale", "false");

--
Jenn (from Oklahoma)

From: Rex the Strange on
On Dec 19, 2:18 pm, "Jenn" <n...(a)noway.com> wrote:
> not sure what version of flash you're using... this may or may not work.
> This code may work:
>
> Frame Actions panel
>
> Fscommand("allowscale", "false");
>
> --
> Jenn (from Oklahoma)

I'm using Flash CS4.
From: Rex the Strange on
On Dec 22, 5:32 pm, "Jenn" <n...(a)noway.com> wrote:
> Rex the Strange wrote:
> > On Dec 19, 2:18 pm, "Jenn" <n...(a)noway.com> wrote:
> >> not sure what version of flash you're using... this may or may not
> >> work. This code may work:
>
> >> Frame Actions panel
>
> >> Fscommand("allowscale", "false");
>
> > I'm using Flash CS4.
>
> Rex .. I got that code from my Flash 5 book.  Have you tried it to see if
> it'll work with your version 4?
> --
> Jenn (from Oklahoma)

I haven't tried this, yet. Fscommand is available in 4, but I'm not
sure how this works. I'll do some more research on it and will get
back to you. Thanks for your time in helping me with this.

rts
From: Jenn on