From: TonyB on
Using Outlook 2007

When I send an email, I notice that the information bar on the bottom of the
screen states that 3 emails are being sent.

It says 'Sending message 3 of 3' when I have only sent one email (single
recipient, no blind copies etc).

I usually force the send using the sned/receive button so this isn't emails
collecting in the outbox.

Does anyone know why this is?

Is it because I use Outlook to manage 3 email accounts during the
send/receive?

How can I get Outlook to show me exactly what is being sent (rather than
just looking at what was sent in the sent box)?
From: Brian Tillman on

TonyB;114704 Wrote:
> Using Outlook 2007
>
> When I send an email, I notice that the information bar on the bottom
> of the
> screen states that 3 emails are being sent.
>
> It says 'Sending message 3 of 3' when I have only sent one email
> (single
> recipient, no blind copies etc).

Do you have three accounts defined? If so, that's the cause. Outlook
2007 has a cosmetic bug that will add the number of messages you have to
send and one less that the number of accounts you have and display that
number. So, if you have one message and three accounts, Outlook will
show 1+2=3. If you had two messages and four accounts, Outlook would
display five for the number of messages to send. Ignore it.

--
Brian Tillman

[MVP-Outlook]
http://forums.slipstick.com