From: David Murray on
> It occurred to me that Mr. Murray's problem may be that he
> is using a wimpy computer audio system rather than a high
> powered stereo. Even the speakers on the celebrated 1084S
> don't match equipment dedicated to high quality sound.

Actually, I'm using the speakers built into my Apple iMac. I've been
running the stuff in VICE because I do not have a stereo SID on my
real C64 and don't really plan on adding one.
From: rusure on
On Oct 17, 10:40 pm, David Murray <adri...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

> Actually, I'm using the speakers built into my Apple iMac.
> I've been running the stuff in VICE because I do not have a
> stereo SID on my real C64 and don't really plan on adding one.

Try connecting your iMAC's headphone jack to either
headphones or even a stereo. You may be surprised at
the inferiority of the onboard computer speakers. The
only APPLE stuff I have ever owned is their common
stock so I don't know first hand APPLE's speaker quality.